L-Glutamine Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L-Glutamine Questions

I have some general questions about L-Glutamine.

1) What is a typical dose/dose frequency?

2) Can I take it on an empty stomach, or should I eat something?

3) Any known drug interactions?

Currently I take a multivitamin, Lithium, and very occasionally, Ativan. If anyone would be helpful enough to answer these questions, it would be much appreciated.

Since going AF (on day 14) I haven't noticed any major sugar cravings. However, my mood has sunk lower than usual at times (even though I'm on medication), but I've noticed some improvement when I've forced myself to consume something sugary. I've suspected for years that I might be prone to low blood sugar, so if this sounds like the kind of predicament L-Glut is helpful with, I would love to know.

L-Glutamine Questions

I take the Sup JB.......along with herbals....they say its better to take this with food so that it can be asborbed into your system better. (Works for me.......IAD)
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

L-Glutamine Questions

I'm sure that works for IAD, but here is what is widely recommended with L-glutamine:

1) Use the powdered form, mixed in half a glass of water or juice (it has almost no taste, just slightly sweet -- I take it in cold water and it is enjoyable).

2) Take 5 grams (yes grams) BETWEEN meals, 2-3 times a day. If you take other amino acids, it is best to take them together with the L-glut, on an empty stomach.

(It is not recommended to take more than 20 grams per day. I think 10-15 grams per day is the ideal.)

If you are traveling, you can use the capsule forms (can be bought here or other places online)-- but these take a little longer to be absorbed, and you have to take several to reach the 5 grams level.

L-glut is good for about everything... really. And one of them, of course, is the liver. The other benefits are so many that I won't list them here, but if you want to know more, here is a very good description:

Glutamine | amino acid health benefits, dietary sources, side effects
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
      X