Add Kudzu to L-Glut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Kudzu to L-Glut?

Hello Everyone, I am new here, 10 days AF (ok, minus Superbowl Sunday where I had 3 beers over the course of 6 hours alternating with bottled water... And long story short, this was a HUGE success for me considering what I would have done before trying to moderate!) Anyway, my question is this... I am currently taking 6000mgs of L-glut daily in 3 2000mg doses. I also take a women's multi vitamin, a DHA supplement, 400mgs of SAMe and a 'healthy liver' blend of Milk Thistle and other herbs. Currently I am not having problems with cravings (which is great!). Should I go ahead and add the Kudzu to this mixture or just wait and see how I do with this? If I should, how much would you recommend?

My diet is excellent and always has been (except for the over indulgence of AL) and I exercises at least 5 days a week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Add Kudzu to L-Glut?

I definitely vote for trying it. As far as my reading goes, Kudzu is pretty harmless. It won't magnify or toxify anything else. There's not much known about what it does, but it doesn't appear to be harmful in any way.

In my experience, Kudzu is not something you can try "half" of. This website has a recommended quantity. I think it is 500mg or 1000mg 3 times a day. For me, I didn't feel ANY effect without the full dose. With the full dose, I definitely felt a mood leveling effect, and if I drank, it moderated the buzz quite a bit, making it easier to say "No". I definitely found different brands of Kudzu varied in effect, and I liked the brand from this site best.

Having said all this, unfortunately for me, Kudzu causes facial flushing for me. It started about three weeks in, and increased. Stopping the Kudzu stopped the flushing in about two days. No swelling or pain. It just caused a general overall redness to my face and neck area. So now it sits in my drawer full of good ideas. I've never heard of anyone else reporting this, so it may just be some sort of allergy that is unique to me.

Comment

Add Kudzu to L-Glut?

Hi Boss.man and thanks for the reply. Since I do have some kudzu here, I may just go ahead and try it for a few weeks and see if I have any additional benefits. I did notice that the L-glut (I take 6000mgs a day in 3 doses of 2000mg) made a huge difference in my anxiety levels, sleep patterns (I'm actually sleeping at least 6-7 GOOD hours a night!) and cravings in just a few days. Not sure if it is just mental, or actually the herbs, but I'm enjoying the less stressful AF days!

Comment

Add Kudzu to L-Glut?

jelly, if the L-glut is helping you, you should know that many of the experts recommend up to 18 grams per day.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Add Kudzu to L-Glut?

Hi Beatle! I was thinking of upping to 3000mgs 3xs per day. It really does seem to help me with my anxiety and stress, helps me to sleep and really manages my cravings. Do you think I should go ahead and add 600mgs of Kudzu 3xs per day to the mix? I know Kudzu is natural and all, but I hate to just keep adding more supplements if I don't need them. Even just in terms of cost alone.

Comment

Working...
          X