Timeframe for L-Glutamine to Stop Cravings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only ever took the L-glut so don't know about the rest.
    I just stirred a teaspoon of the powder in water morning and evening. I'm only using it now to help my sugar cravings.
    J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

me again,

Have a click on the link below, hope it helps.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...ons-39905.html

J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

L-Glut has been used by athletes of all types during hard training for many years - that's why I use it because I already had it in my cupboard from my fitness days. A lot of bodybuilding supplements are very useful for general health an NO supplement will turn you into a gorrilla - for that you need steriods, many years of very heavy lifting and an extreme diet. Oh and most bodybuilders contrary to popular belief are very fit and healthy. It's only the top pros who tend to have problems or look grotesque.

So don't worry it's fine. Many of the vitamins & minerals recommended here are also taken during competition prep too!

Comment

grangelady;854227 wrote: Hi

I'm looking to buy LG in powder form but most sites are prmoting it as a body building supplement - is this the powder form you buy?

I bought the tablet form 500mg from my local health store...sorry if I'm asking a daft question just want to make sure I'm getting the right stuf

Cheers:thanks:
          yes, l-glut is used by people undergoing extreme training, but it is NOT to BUILD muscles. It is to help the muscles mend more quickly (so they don't get so sore and thus can get back to exercising more quickly)

I've said it over and over -- l-glut is great stuff for more than just cravings. It has so many beneficial and healing properties that it is well worth working it into your routine.

Any of the brands of the powdered form seem to be fine (just make sure it is free-form).
          I am using Iron-Tek right now (which is comical considering I am a teeny, wiry wimp), but have used Bio-Recovery and other brands. I don't think there is any difference (except price).

3 general rules:

-Always take it on an empty stomach with juice and b vitamins

-Wait at least a half hour before eating after you take it

-Take 5 grams (yes, grams -- it needs to be that high -- it won't have an effect at lower doses) at a time (preferably in powdered form -- works faster and is more economical) 1-3x day
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I get it in bulk and mix it in whatever. Adjust the dose until you find an amount that works for you. *I* like it with skim milk and Nestle Quick...works for me. Something else may work for you. I use about a tablespoon.

Comment

Thanks Guys again for all the great advice offered here.... knew someone out there would have been there and done it:goodjob:

Comment

I mix w/ Choc Milk again about a tablespoon....GREAT!!!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Has anyone ever taken Kudzu?

Comment

Hi Chessie Ann Yes I started about a week ago and I do thing along w. the topa 50mg, the l-glut 2000mg it is making a difference in managing my cravings. Others will share there experience as well so keep checking on this thread. Good luck to you and hope you find success...techie
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

:thanks: I have been trying the l-glut at only 1,000 mgs. a day and it has not helped.
                      Now I know I need to take more at least 2x per day.
                      Man I hope it helps...!!!
                      I have a ton of AA & tried topamax but had to quit due to side effects.
                      (I speak for a living & it made me stutter!!!)
                      So I'll get the powder L-Glut & take it with B6 on an empty stomach.
                      I'll try to report my results back.
                      Omg..hope it finally helps...I was taking such a low dose.
                      Thanks again.

Comment

I've never given L-glutamine a fair shot. I think I'll purchase some powder today.

Comment

Working...
                        X