Milk Thistle -- Detox symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone. Has anyone ever experienced detox symptoms while taking milk thistle? Like you have a hangover but you haven't had any alcohol in a while?

Milk Thistle......does'nt do that. But Detoxing does. It'll go away after awhile. Hay that Milk Thistle is good .......I noticed in one of your other post that you may have, for lack of a better word PMS problems. This is the ticket ! Take it 3 times a day. IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

I agree with IAD. I would also add that Milk Thistle is extremely helpful in detoxing. I too take MT 3 times a day and strongly recommend it!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I would also recommend Evening Primrose Oil 2-3 times a week. Really helps keep my moods even keeled.
        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I just bought more EPO because notice that since running out of my original supply, I am a bit grouchier. Why only 2-3 times a week, not tonight? I was planning on taking it 2 times a day, as the original dosage recommended.
          Thanks.

Comment

good advice guys thanks, I saw these yesterday in the chemist and wasn't sure if I should get it or not... sure why not hey? give it a lash laddy

Comment

4MH If something works for you, keep using it, even if you've made a mistake with the dosage! I take 2 OEP every day and I'm fine with it. I was also taking far more Kudzu than recommeneded in the MYO by mistake, but stuck with it as it suited me. The MYO dosage has since changed (nothing to do with me tho : )

Comment

kslc, good point, if it is working, why stop. I just wondered if there is a reason I shouldn't be taking it 2x a day. I'll just go with it! Thanks!

Comment

I took 4000mg EPO every day for about 4 years. Then cyclycly for many years. Listen to your body. I actually avoided cryotherapy by using that high dose.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Ringing, what is cyclycly? thanks!

Comment

Means with my cycle. Premenstrually--I would notice liver congestion, tiny cervical cysts and those dang tender breasts...so would take the EPO then for 3-5 days. Hope that helps. )

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

My liver test results came back and the enzymes are significantly elevated. The doc gave me some meds and I have to go back in a week. How soon should the levels go down? Can anyone advice?
                        Thanks.
                        make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Hi jessie I was in the hospital almost 3 weeks ago .And my liver enzymes also very high.I will tell you this if you stop what caused them to go up drinking/drugin your levels will come down...Today i go to my primary care doc to get my levels checked.Also i recommend drinking lots of distilled water and take milk thistle with your meals best of luck .By the way im not a doctor so check with your doc for best advice this is only my advice. Trucker

Comment

HI 123,

Why distilled water?

Comment

Thanks Trucker, it scared me badly, let us know what your new levels are like. I definitely won't have AL because I'm being re tested in a week's time, and also I don't want to end up with liver cancer before I'm 60!!!
                              make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X