Cold Sores!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Sores!

Although my query/problem is unrelated to AL, it sort of is for me. When I get stressed, I get cold sores. When I was drinking, I would "cure" the stress by getting drunk. Now I am choosing not to do that, I need to find something that will get rid of these annoying things.

Does anyone know of something I can take that will prevent cold sores from forming? I have tried all sorts of creams and lotions which I apply at the first sign of getting one, but they are crap and dont work. I want to know what I can do to banish these horrible little things forever. Do I see a naturopath? Iridologist? Dietician? Anyone?

I know it is a disgusting subject, but I am desperate. I saw the Holistic Thread and thought maybe someone might be able to offer some suggestions.

Now I am sober and can hold my head up high, I dont want it to be covered in craters!

Thanks for anything you may be able to suggest.
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Cold Sores!

I use this & it works

Lysine for Cold Sores - How Do I Use It For My Cold Sore?
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Cold Sores!

Way to go techie! I was going to suggest lysine. I used to get mouth ulcers IN my mouth when I ate chocolate. When I couldn't resist the chocolate, I'd woof down lysine to ward off the ulcers. Wow, I just read the article! Chocolate is high in arginine, who knew!! I always thought I outgrew the chocolate thing - I now wonder if it's because my diet improved.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Cold Sores!

Yep - L Lysine, fantastic stuff.
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Cold Sores!

greeneyes;879428 wrote: Way to go techie! I was going to suggest lysine. I used to get mouth ulcers IN my mouth when I ate chocolate. When I couldn't resist the chocolate, I'd woof down lysine to ward off the ulcers. Wow, I just read the article! Chocolate is high in arginine, who knew!! I always thought I outgrew the chocolate thing - I now wonder if it's because my diet improved.
          Yes chocolate. Nuts too. I eat both every day so I take a 500mg tab of lysine with my multivit!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Cold Sores!

And my weakness is M&M peanuts
            sigpic

Comment

Cold Sores!

I suffered for many years with cold sore outbreaks, and they always seemed to happen in times of stress, or just when I was about to go on holidays.
              I had seen the dentist & doctor about this & did a lot of research on my own. There are foods that should be avoided, there are certain supplements that can be taken as well. Nothing really worked that well for me. About 5-6 years ago I finally had enough & started searching on the internet for information & products. I came across one thing that seemed too good to be true, but it guaranteed your money back in full if not satisfied, so I thought what the heck I've got nothing to lose, and ordered it.
              I have never suffered from an outbreak since.
              If you can give yourself treatments (which last less than 30 seconds) when the first sign of tingling is felt, you will not develop a lesion. The theory behind this product is that the cold sore develops a barrier around itself which prevents your body's immune system to attack it, and that's why a cold sore seems to have to go through all of its stages before it heals. This little apparatus sends a small alternating current across the affected area & breaks down the cold sore's barrier, thus allowing your own immune system to fight it off. Sounds too good to be true, but I swear by it, and will never be without this product.
              It may appear expensive at first, but when you consider the cost of creams & the amount of money that you would give not to have a cold sore ruin a special event (or just your day-to day activities)... then it doesn't seem costly at all. Mine is still working, and it's around 5-6 years old.
              Hope this helps.

Cold Sore Inhibitor
              AF 6 years
              NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Cold Sores!

Fallen, a doctor told me the trick of wetting the skin where an insect bite is and sticking a
                9V battery on it for 30 seconds. I wonder if your item is along those lines?
                sigpic

Comment

Cold Sores!

Jeez greenie what's next jumper cables?

Comment

Cold Sores!

greeneyes;879451 wrote: Fallen, a doctor told me the trick of wetting the skin where an insect bite is and sticking a
                    9V battery on it for 30 seconds. I wonder if your item is along those lines?
                    Hmmm...might be. I know that if my lips seem to have the right amount of moisture, I can feel a bit of a "snap" when the current changes from one direction to the other (does that once in a single treatment).... and then I know that I got a good one.
                    Quite frankly, I don't care HOW it works.. only that it DOES! lol Not only did it prevent cold sores from appearing, but it broke the cycle that they seemed to have. What a wonderful feeling not to ever have to worry about breakouts anymore!
                    AF 6 years
                    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Cold Sores!

This is a site I've referred to in the past...

Herpes Diet and Foods Information

Comment

Cold Sores!

Thank you thank you thank you......I knew you wonderful people would come to my aid.

Thank you all of you. If you have ever had a cold sore, you would know how horrible they are. I will get some lysine and explore the other options. I am willing to try anything.

I eat a lot of nuts and chocolate so maybe I need to cut back on that too.

I will let you know how I go.

Hip
                        I finally got it!
                        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Cold Sores!

Fallen Angel. I have ordered one of those inhibitors. They are expensive, but if they work, I am sure it will be worth it.
                          Thanks again.
                          HC
                          I finally got it!

Comment

Cold Sores!

Hi I Have a prescription that you take at the first sign of a cold sore and it kills it really quick it is a big blue pill called Apo-Valcyclovir 500 mg it works really well. Good luck summer (:

Comment

Cold Sores!

techie;879456 wrote: Jeez greenie what's next jumper cables?
                              Not as silly as it sounds.

I hook em up to me lips after a big weekend. Just make sure there's petrol in the car, and it's warmed up before you apply the leads. Leave for 30 seconds, or as long as you can stand. This also doubles as a defacto Electro convulsive treatment, or E.C.T. and work's wonder's if we're feeling a bit flat.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X