Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Binge Drinker

Hi all.

I only drink on weekends, but when I do I usually get carried away and binge drink until I am drunk. This is causing a lot of problems in my life and I also feel really bad about it so I will like to try l-glut to stop the cravings. I am not sure if I should take it during the week since I don?t have the urge to drink at all or if I only need to take a large dose when I wake up on Sat. I know a lot of people here loves and swears by l-glut so any help will be greatly appreciated. I really wish I can just have willpower to control the drinking on the weekends like I do Mon-Fri but that is another conversation

Thanks
    Finally Free.

Weekend Binge Drinker

Hi FF,

For me, L-Glut takes the edge off the cravings....but in my case it was Naltrexone for about 3 weeks and then Baclofen for about a week before I was AF. Check out NAL on some of the online pharmacies: Goldpharma, Inhouse, Alldaychemist, River Pharmacy....it has worked wonders for me! Good luck in your journey and post again!

Comment

Weekend Binge Drinker

I was essentially a binge drinker although towards the end the binges were often of varying length and yes it does get worse.

I've used L-Glut in recovery but could not say that was the crux of my success however it is risk-free and harmless so give it a go. I could also suggest changing your weekend around however all that did for me was push the cravings to other days. The craving will be associating with certain 'weekend' feelings, so L-Glut in a combination with a change of approach/lifestyle may work very well.

Comment

Weekend Binge Drinker

I'm not sure if you've seen this thread. It answers a lot of questions about l-glut, although it might not answer your specific question

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...ine-37269.html
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Weekend Binge Drinker

Welcome Infotech and Finally Free, :welcome:

You have taken that first step in admitting drinking is causing problems in your life. Do you have plans for your sobriety? Do you really want to quit drinking? If the answer is yes, than why don't you try something powerful like Antabuse, where you have NO options. You CANNOT drink on it or you'll end up in the Emergency Room. It may be the solution for both of you. Like NAL and BAC, you can order it online without a prescription.

Also, look in the Abstainers Forum and click on Toolbox. This is a very helpful resource. Let us know how we can help you in your journey.

Comment

Working...
          X