Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Many Pills

And one more thing:

Use real food vitamins whenever possible (can be taken without food -- it IS food).

There has been research lately indicating that synthetic vitamins may be doing little good and in some cases harm. argghhh...
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Too Many Pills

I use to take a lot! Also a lot of medication as well. But after a good amount of sober time I am only on one med and a few supplements.

Wellbutrin XL x 1
      B-50 x 1
      Calcium/Magnesium x3
      Vitamin D x 3
      Multi vitamin x 1

I need to get back on the Omega's. I ran out a month ago and haven't purchased anymore.

However I take 2 table spoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil each day. 1 tsp spoon of Vinegar as well.

Comment

Too Many Pills

Accountable - I hope you don't mind me asking a personal Q but I have been taking 300mg of magnesium but had to stop as they were giving me terrible wind, do you find this too?.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Too Many Pills

I forgot to add my natural supplements/vitamins, recommended by my doctor:

Vitamins D & E
          BestRest Formula (for sleeping)
          Cholestpure
          Niacin
          Women's Packet (multi-vitamins)

Scripts:

Amour Thyroid
          Ramipril (high blood pressure)

Fortunately, I don't suffer from anxiety or depression so I don't take any of that. Many years ago, I took Buspar for anxiety, and Lexapro for about 2 months after my dad died. It was too hard on my digestive system.

Comment

Too Many Pills

You can take magnesium through a spray that you can find online (Amazon). No GI issues.

Comment

Too Many Pills

I don't think we need all those vitamins once we are sober.
              My current drugs are:
              multivit+iron 1/2 every other day
              Calcium+D twice/day (often forget)
              Baclofen 20 mg at bedtime
              Phentermine 10-15 mg mid morning but not always (appetite suppressant)
              Good diet better than supplement IMO. Exercise too better than all the pills.

Comment

Too Many Pills

Chillgirl;947618 wrote: Accountable - I hope you don't mind me asking a personal Q but I have been taking 300mg of magnesium but had to stop as they were giving me terrible wind, do you find this too?.
                No wind...

However now, I haven't had any of my vitamins for a while........... ran out and never replaced them. I really should though.

I am addicted to V8 juice though.... so, that must be helpful in the vitamin way?

Definitely need to get a B vitamin again. Oh, and btw... taking the calcium/magnesium with the vit b - is suppose to be really good. I saw a pamphlet at the drug store saying this combo is the best.

Comment

Working...
                X