Too Many Pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Many Pills

Today I was filling my pill organisers when I decided to count the amount I take per day.
    About 31
    I'm not on any medication,these are just vitamins and supplements and just for the hell of it,heres the list...

B-complex X 1
    B1 X 2
    B6 X 1
    C x 3
    E X 1
    K1/D X 1
    Fish Oil X 3
    Calcium X 3
    Milk Thistle X 6
    Gabba X 3
    True calm X 3
    Lecithin X 3
    Http X 1
    I also take the L-Glut powder x 3

Now I've been reading about Chromiun and L Theanine and thinking about adding that to the mix.

Anybody else take a load of vitamins/supps?
    Are we going overboard and doing more damage than good.I often wonder.

Cheers Phoenix

Too Many Pills

Phoenix

I was thinking the same thing this morning. The way I look at it, is listen to your body, it will tell you what it needs. I tapered down from the L-glut when I stopped taking the Topa, but went back to it and felt a difference. I'm taking a similar amount of supplements, but a lower quantity as I am small and light weight. I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and will be adding Co Q10 to the mix too, plus some others that I have read about that might increase energy.

I was wondering how I would deal with going on vacation with all the supps, but I don't have the energy, so it's not a problem at the moment!!

Hope that helps

Comment

Too Many Pills

Hi kslc,sorry to hear about the fibromyalgia,just read a little about it on the Mayo Clinic website as I didn't know what it was.Do you have the pain under control,curcumin might help a little with that,it's also very good for the liver.That's another one I take which I forgot to add to my list above.
      Yea,listen to your body,thats right,I often think about stopping everything and maybe just take a really good multi vitamin or the all one and nothing else.
      Those weekly or monthly pill organisers are great.

Comment

Too Many Pills

Hm, let's see:

Baclofen
        Celebrex
        magnesium
        multi
        calcium
        CLA
        Fish oil
        black cohosh
        milk thistle
        L-glut
        niacin

Am I missing something good?

PS Hi other Phoenix!
        Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
        That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
        Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
        Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Too Many Pills

I don't even want to list all the ones I take. I went to a holistic psychiatrist and was prescribed large doses of multivitamins, amino acids, vitamin D, omega 3's, etc. It does occur to me that someone is making a lot of money producing all these supps. In fact this psychiatrist conveniently sold them from her office. Have tried cutting down on the vitamins and amino acids and felt like my mood was shifting a bit lower, although it could have been my imagination.
          Goo topic though. I think a lot of us are on a lot of stuff. Is it really helping/

Comment

Too Many Pills

And I thought I was the only phoenix here haha,Phoenix Rising,I just bought a brooch on ebay of a phoenix rising,I love the legend and your avatar is great.
            Now I'm looking at your list and the black cohosh is jumping out at me,no idea what it is but I like the name and am thinking I should get some lol.
            spedteach,I agree somebody is making a lot of money and there is a lot of junk vits/sups out there.We really have to do our research before buying.
            Now I'm off to google black cohosh.
            Cheers from the new phoenix on the block.

Comment

Too Many Pills

Mmmmm - good thread. What's in your Cabinet?

Taking:

Sam e
              Biotin
              Vitamin D
              Amino Acid (occasionally)
              Gaba (occasionally)
              B-12
              Ester C (occassionally)
              L-glutamine
              Kudzu
              Omega3-6-9
              Occasional Baclofen

Have in my cabinet:

Antabuse, Naltrexone, Campral, Topamax.....

Pretty much have tried it all!

If I had to choose one to take with me on a trip.....it would be a toss up between the Sam e and L-glut, but Sam e would probably win!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Too Many Pills

Phoenix - Black cohosh is for hot flashes. It really helps!

-Phoenix
                Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Too Many Pills

Great thread!

Bright Lite....I have all the same stuff in my cabinet as you do in yours. Have not tried the Topa. Tried the Antabuse and had a horrible reaction using Clinique astringent on my face. (Go figure). Just on BAC now. Good thing.

Comment

Too Many Pills

Hi Rusty,

I know...I took Antabuse and went to my fav restuarant and ordered the "she crab soup" all of a sudden, my face was very bright red and I couldn't breath...come to find out there is sherry in the she crab soup! So...anyone on Antabuse, be careful...I never heard about makeup or the Clinique astringent....oye!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Too Many Pills

Yes, long lists, mine is similar to all. Sam e, haven't tried that; what does that do Brightlight?
                      From the Sanskrit prayer;

"....For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision,
                      But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

:catroll:
                      determined to be AF

Comment

Too Many Pills

PhoenixRising;943443 wrote:

Am I missing something good?
                        Phosphatidyl choline
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Too Many Pills

also, enzymes and aminos (as per Zennie).
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Too Many Pills

And specifically to PheonixR, you need Bs (and lots of them).

Comment

Too Many Pills

Oh, yeah, and did I see CoQ10 anywhere?

Comment

Working...
                              X