Effectiveness of L Glutimine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi to all those who really enjoy the first drink.
    Has anyone had any effectiveness with putting the L Glutimine powder under the tonque once the craving for more alcohol sets in. Which for me is after two beers. Thought I might try this, as I really would like to be able to enjoy a beer with my husband without fighting the battle of not over indulging.
    I have been taking the capsules or powder for about 8 month now. Have tried up to 3000 mg on some days. It really does not seem to help the craving I get after I have taken a drink. I have found after eight month of takeing if regularly I definitly always want a beer, but can avoid taking one if I discipline myself. Once I take a drink or two the craving to have more is still overwhelming. I have also experimented wiith the kudzu but not regularly enough to determine that it doesnt work for me.

Buy the powder. The capsules didn't do anything for me, either. If you;re inthe states, I got the powder at walmart, in with the bodybuilding stuff.
    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

I assume you have read the "benefits of l-glutamine" thread, which will most likely answer your question, but maybe too long to wade through.

The short(ish) answer (from me only) is:

As Phoenix said, buy the powder; it's cheaper, takes effect faster, and is easy to take. Mix it in a little water -- has almost no taste-- just a little sweet. (I buy Irontek via online vendors, but any brand is ok.)

Take 5 grams, 3 times a day. Yes, that is a total of 15 grams. Even if it does nothing for the cravings, it is very good for you in many other ways.

It should be taken on an empty stomach -- better if taken with a little juice.

Try this 1/2 hour before you drink -- 5 grams, mind you.

For me, Kudzu works well (with some willpower) for a few days... taken mid-morning. Its effect wore off for me.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hi all Quick question- can you take milk thistle and omega 3 with Glutamine??
        Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Yes, they can all be taken in the same day, but I think it might be best to avoid taking them at exactly the same time. I believe the l-glut can be hindered by the extra stuff (think capsules and powder and oil), and is better taken on its own (with other aminos and enzymes). Not medical advice, of course.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Wannanbe,

For me, between 6-8 grams taken in tablet form usually does the trick for physical craving. It takes between 45 mins and 1 hour to notice the effect.

I think some people don't take enough of L-glut or don't time it correctly for it to be effective. I don't know if taking it after you start drinking will do the trick. My guess (just a guess) is that it won't.

Studies on Kudzu have shown that it decreases the total amount drank since it magnifies the affect of alchohol. You may want to look into that. I think there's a link to that study on this site somwhere near where they sell kudzu.

Comment

Working...
              X