day 3 of supps need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on day 3 of taking Kudzu 3 times a day and 3000 of Glutamine, the pharmacy here said that Quantum Glutamine is pure with no fillers. I am not noticing anything does it make a difference if it is Lglutamine? I did go on a site I think Det recc. (vitacost) and ordered the powder but I want to keep trying. I am not a day time drinker and hold a very important job however; when that 6:00pm hour hits it is the first think on my mind. I am a bottle of pino grigio a night drinker and sometimes 2 on the weekend.
    I really want to stop but my mind plays great games on me when that time of day comes. I tried Topa a couple years ago and did not like the SE and am trying to not do the Bac.
    Any other natural remedies anyone can recc., Also, I take Cymbalta which I am weaning myself of off so I can try the GABA.
    BTW I am 48 have 3 children only a 13 year old left at home. Divorced however; 6 months into a new relationship.
    when
    AL Free since Jan. 28 2011

Ideally you would take the L-glut at the time of the craving or like at 4pm to head it off. It fulfills a need in your body chemistry for sugar (alcohol same thing) so you body is not craving, you have to fix the mental cravings yourself.
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Thanks Jenny

Comment

I find taking a protein shake helps alot. I've been using Jarrow's unflavored whey, and am shocked to say I like it. I put unsweetened coconut milk (I'm avoiding dairy) in my magic bullet, throw in 30-40mg of protein powder (trying to keep with Tim Ferriss' rec to have 40mg protein within 30 mins of waking), then again in the afternoon, around 4 or 5pm. 6pm is my witching hour, and I swear, the protein powder helps, so does a small dose bac. If you dont' want bac, try some other calming remedy like valerian. Or may be niacin?

Comment

thanks for your response, have you tried topamax or do you take Bac randomly. I have commited to myself 30 days starting tomorrow. Would like adivice to make anything easier.

Comment

Hi there, sorry it took a while to respond, just found this.

I took Topa a couple of years ago, and again about six months ago. Found it helped, but I never went over 50mg, and the brain fog on Topa is NOTHING compared to bac. But my hair started falling out alot, and that was a deal breaker. I'm on hypertensives which also make my hair fall out, and I believe AL also contributes.... and bac perhaps too. I found most people did not lose a ton of hair on Topa, just me, I'm apparently super sensitive to all these drugs. But it worked well for me in reducing my cravings, of course will power figured in too.

However, I'm now doing bac and refocusing on it because the horrible SE's have suddenly lessened to manageable. I went up 10mg last night to 60/day. I take it only at 5pm, 8pm and then at bedtime. While that makes my blood level of the bac low during the day, I've never been a day drinker, and I have to work and I can't work if I take it during the day. However, I have new hope, I'll get into that in a separate thread about my Titration Schedule.

Comment

Working...
            X