Xylitol for healthy teeth gums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just heard about this from someone at work - I'm on it! Here is the web site for this dentist (who currently is involved with running a restaurant):
    About Me - Ellie Phillips DDS - Biography & Mission Statement

This link is to her book at Amazon.com, or you can buy it through her site:
    Amazon.com: Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye eBook: Ellie Phillips DDS: Kindle Store

xylitol products are available at Amazon, and I just found this natural sugar substitute at my local grocery store.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Sunbeam, post on your progress, sounds good but I'm a skeptic having bought every pill in the world for it's miracle properties. I'll switch from stevia to xylitol if it works for you. I read that continuous use of xylitol creates a desirable environment for healthy mouth bacteria and an undesirable environment for unhealthy plaque bacteria.

Comment

The toothpaste that I use contains xylitol (and no fluoride, yay!).

If I ever have to use the "regular" stuff in a pinch, it is absolutely disgusting now, very artificial tasting and sickeningly sweet.
      Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
      ~Clutch

Comment

I've carried this brand of gum for a few years now. Carried another brand for a few years before it. Most gum is sweetened with artificial sweeteners which are deadly. Xylitol actually neutralizes the bacteria that causes plaque and therefore reduces tooth decay and supports dental gum health.
        I've actually had a customer say his dentist noticed the improvement with it's use.
        Spry Xylitol Chewing Gum -
        There are also nasal sprays in the market made with xylitol to fight sinus infections. No personal experience with that though.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

My friend at work has received better reports from his dentist after using this program. I more readily believe programs that don't require you to buy their products. She tells you on her web site what products to buy, you can get them through her or anywhere else including Amazon. I now use this sweetner in my cofffee and tea. I'm hoping it will also reduce my post-alcohol sugar cravings.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

My mom and dad are doing this program. They love it. I've got the information and will be reading about it.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Ringing Cedars;1066714 wrote: I've carried this brand of gum for a few years now. Carried another brand for a few years before it. Most gum is sweetened with artificial sweeteners which are deadly. Xylitol actually neutralizes the bacteria that causes plaque and therefore reduces tooth decay and supports dental gum health.
              I've actually had a customer say his dentist noticed the improvement with it's use.
              Spry Xylitol Chewing Gum -
              There are also nasal sprays in the market made with xylitol to fight sinus infections. No personal experience with that though.
              Spry is the brand of toothpaste I use, too.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
              ~Clutch

Comment

Isolde;1067023 wrote: Spry is the brand of toothpaste I use, too.
                Cool, didn't know they made a toothpaste actually. I use a Canadian product called Green Beaver.:H It's also free of SLS.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Thanks for the toothpaste recommendation Is, and RC. Great idea! I can't use toothpaste with SLS because it causes horrible craters in my mouth, cankers. I use Tom's of Maine without fluoride and there's only one type that has no SLS. I'll check Amazon for the stuff you use.

Comment

This dentist on her web site recommends Crest regular. For floride, she recommends ACT floride rinse. I imagine this is much more affordable than the products you are using.

Comment

Green beaver lol.

Hi Sunbeam,

I've used xylitol recently as a sugar substitute, and it tastes better than stevia. I also read that stevia can be cancer causing(?) and not good for a blokes performance in the hay with extended use. But this is just something i read somewhere. Regardless, it's encouraging to read here of the positives of xylitol. Thank's.

Best wishes all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Sunbeam;1067246 wrote: This dentist on her web site recommends Crest regular. For floride, she recommends ACT floride rinse. I imagine this is much more affordable than the products you are using.
                        I have to disagree. There is plenty of evidence against the use of flouride as well. The ADD connection is the first that comes to mind. If I remember flouride was originally introduced as a way of disposing of this chemical. Sorry, don't have the exact specifics or research on hand but have avoided flouride for many years. Although I have lost some fillings, my teeth are strong and healthy. So the cost needs to be measured on a wider scale imo.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Guitarista;1067254 wrote: Green beaver lol.

Hi Sunbeam,

I've used xylitol recently as a sugar substitute, and it tastes better than stevia. I also read that stevia can be cancer causing(?) and not good for a blokes performance in the hay with extended use. But this is just something i read somewhere. Regardless, it's encouraging to read here of the positives of xylitol. Thank's.

Best wishes all!
                          I kid you not. Glad someone found the humour in the name.
                          Never heard such effects of stevia but am beginning to use xylitol more and more. It simply has more benefits than stevia.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I've read that fluorine is a waste byproduct of industrial processing, and that it interferes with thyroid function.

Comment

Yup, I've also heard horrendous things about fluoride and avoid it like the plague.

I used to use xylitol as a sweetener but didn't care for it. It didn't really have a sweet taste, to me. Maybe it was just the brand. I found a brand of Stevia that I really like and that is incredibly cost effective, so I'm sticking w/that for the time being. At least I'm getting the xylitol in my toothpaste!

And RC, Green Beaver is hilarious! :H

~Clutch

Comment

Working...
                              X