Increasing cravings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increasing cravings?

Is there anything in one's diet that could possibly increase AL cravings? If so, I'd like to avoid them...maybe this is a question we haven't thought about?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm lost, I've gone to look for myself, so if I get back before I return, Please ask me to wait.

Increasing cravings?

Hi Cope, None that i no of. I was alway's told to eat and eat more to get my strength up. When i drink/binge on beer it's my primary source of calories not a good thing!I like a lot of protien in my diet.Trucker

Comment

Increasing cravings?

Oh trust me, I've ate more in the past 3 days than I have in the past month...Went out to dinner with my dad tonight....I guess that'd be last night now (3:40am) Black Angus...STUFFED myself and yet still came home, woofed down my leftovers AND dads, AND had yogurt....I feel like a glutton
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I'm lost, I've gone to look for myself, so if I get back before I return, Please ask me to wait.

Comment

Increasing cravings?

Here is an article which talks about this very topic.http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...ightdz&dbid=13
        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Increasing cravings?

My personal experience is eating bread (seven grain sprouted, even) makes me crave anything with sugar, including AL. Milk does the same thing. I think it's the lactose in the milk. I know if I'm hungry, AL sounds better to me than if I'm full.

Comment

Increasing cravings?

I tend to just eat what I want when I want when Im not drinking and try not to get hungry, hunger is a real trigger for me to crave AL. Hopefully the longer Im AF my eating will start to balance out and become more healthy then.

Comment

Increasing cravings?

Avoid anything that has a high glycemic index, mainly sugary foods, white breads, white rice, white pasta, anything with high fructose corn syrup and anything heavily processed.

Additionally the glutamine and evening primrose have really helped eliminate my alcohol cravings.

Comment

Working...
              X