The illegalization of raw milk and House Bill HR 1830

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deg. The repubs are worse and Ron Paul no chance and I disagree with lots of his ideas outside food ... so I suggest we all make our voices known and it does help posting here.

Comment

thanks Bruun. no easy answers indeed. we have to fight for food rights on a local and state level too. and vote with our dollars. buying locally grown sustainable real food. best Idea I have at the moment
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Determinator I'm on my way to watch that YouTube - opened it in another window.

I'm in agreement with not letting gov't shrink soda size etc. It reminds me of scenes from the movie DEMOLITION MAN.

Edgar Friendly (Played by Denis Leary) You see, according to Cocteau's plan, I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener".

Lenina Huxley (Played by Sandra Bullock): Ah, smoking is not good for you, and it's been deemed that anything not good for you is bad; hence, illegal. Alcohol, caffeine, contact sports, meat...

John Spartan (Played by Sylvester Stallone) Are you shitting me?

Moral Statute Machine (!!!): John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.

John Spartan: What the hell is that?
        Moral Statute Machine: John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
        Lenina Huxley: Bad language, chocolate, gasoline, uneducational toys and anything spicy. Abortion is also illegal, but then again so is pregnancy if you don't have a license.

BTW in the YouTube video, they're referring to Woody Allen's SLEEPER character being revived out of chryogenic sleep. In Demolition Man, John Spartan was likewise revived, in order to take out a thawed criminal, since in the over-lawed-and-ordered world, no one knows how to handle bad guys. Sleeper: Healthy eating in the future. Demolition Man: Similar concept. I guess we've been warned...
        My Higher Power, my Creator,
        knows infinitely more about my happiness than I do.
        My Higher Power
        has better plans for me than pain and suffering.

Comment

Uhoh, got worried there Chiquita reading about DMan because I have every intention of having a banana brocolli shake today but thankfully I'm not a virgin nor a man in beige jam jams.

Comment

I think often of that movie! the Orwellian symbolism is wonderful and sarcastic. As I recall in the movie version of the future even spicy foods have been deemed illegal because they are offensive to some people, and therefor banned for the 'common good'. And don't forget that after the franchise wars that 'all restaurants are Taco Bell'.

eeeeeek!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Bruunhilde;1329625 wrote: Uhoh, got worried there Chiquita reading about DMan because I have every intention of having a banana brocolli shake today but thankfully I'm not a virgin nor a man in beige jam jams.
              LMAO B!! yeah we got a nutribullet which is a food extractor and now I do (organic) (Dole not Chiquita LOL) banana (organic) broccoli shakes too and I add my homemade yogurt (made from raw milk ) and some blanched slivered raw almonds or raw walnuts. I LOVE IT. I am also not a virgin nor male and I wear a long colorful t-shirt instead of jam-jams

Determinator;1329672 wrote:
              I think often of that movie! the Orwellian symbolism is wonderful and sarcastic. As I recall in the movie version of the future even spicy foods have been deemed illegal because they are offensive to some people, and therefor banned for the 'common good'. And don't forget that after the franchise wars that 'all restaurants are Taco Bell'.

eeeeeek!
              I"m on board, D, loving the Orwellian symbolism.

Well healthwise the food extractor (nutribullet) is doing really well for us. We've had it for over a couple of weeks. They don't say anything about adding yogurt to the extraction mix but it seemed to be a natural fit to me. I do refrigerate some spring water to make the yogurt a little more liquidy so all the ingredients can get extracted. I'm sure you can add raw milk to it too it's quite an adjustment to my body.

I have had trouble in the past digesting leafy greens and seeds. I still have trouble with seeds, even in an extractor, and the leafy greens are producing some interesting side effects. When I went for acupuncture this past week, I told my acu-doc about it and he said to just use less for a while until my body adapted. I cut back with my next "nutriblast" and it was definitely a good thing.
              My Higher Power, my Creator,
              knows infinitely more about my happiness than I do.
              My Higher Power
              has better plans for me than pain and suffering.

Comment

Working...
              X