L-Glut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L-Glut

i finally got the L-Glut yesterday and have now taken 3 500 mg doses. tonight i wanted to drink sooo bad. it wasn't necessarily that i wanted to drink it was just that i really wanted the high. does this need to be flowing in my bloodstream before i will feel its effects as far as helping the cravings?
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

L-Glut

L-glut won't always help cravings, especially the desire to get high. That's something that you need to handle by distracting yourself, changing your routine so you're not where you normally are when you drink. If you can't change where you are/what you're doing when you normally drink, then you'll need to come up with ways to change the habit of drinking by using other tools. There is a toolbox on this site, I don't know where it is but you can search for it or ask in the Just Starting Out section if you need it. I'm not so great at locating stuff on this site myself.

You should double your doses and see if that helps. If not, triple them. Body builders use up to 18grams a day so I don't think there's an overdose you can have, your body will cause diarrhea if it can't handle it (like it does with vitamin C). You can also build up to the level that works for you. I haven't found L-glut to be a magic bullet. Supplements can't remove the craving for the high since that's psychological, but L-glut can help you avoid cravings for sugar which alcohol is.

Comment

L-Glut

Depending on the level of dependency, the craving can be either/and/or physiological and psychological.

L-Glut will help with both but it takes time for the real healing to begin. You can take those capsules and open them up into a glass of water or other nutritious drink to get an adequate dose.
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

L-Glut

RC, I'd be interested in finding out more about how L-glut can help with psychological dependency. Do you have any sources you can cite? Thanks.

Comment

L-Glut

Hi starfairy,

I started to take L-Glut 32 days ago. After that I was sober for 29 days. Unfortunately
          last Friday I messed it up. I am starting over again.
          This is my second AL free day this time.
          Just like Bruun said you can take more. When I started, I was taking 3 x 2000 mg L-Glut.
          My craving was gone almost immediately. However just like Bruun said you have to watch you triggers not to fall into habitual drinking. You already have L-Glutamine in your body
          so there are no side effects like other alcohol medications.

Here is the link for the toolbox:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Here is another link for a post that was posted long time ago by Mario, who is sober now for 2 1/2 years. I like his letter to Mr. and Mrs. Alcohol:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...hol-31557.html

Cheers,
          and Good luck!

Brian

PS. I forgot to mention that Walmart sells L-Glutamin powders. You can order it online and they deliver it to your home.
          If you feel a heavy craving, just pop a teaspoon of powder under your tongue and in a few minutes your craving is gone.
          That's what they say. It did not help me last week!

Comment

L-Glut

Bruunhilde;1164882 wrote: RC, I'd be interested in finding out more about how L-glut can help with psychological dependency. Do you have any sources you can cite? Thanks.
            Hi Bruun. I didn't mean to be misleading. I don't know that there is any concrete scientific data. Are they any studies on the psychology of an alcoholic/abusive drinker?

I am a firm believer in heal the body/heal the mind and vice versa. So, I just meant that L-glut is part of the bigger picture, which is why I said it would take time.

I've posted this before. It was a real eye opener for me into the physiology and psychology of addictive behaviours.

YouTube - ‪What The Bleep Do We Know--Addiction Clip‬‏

Hope that helps explain my thought process.
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

L-Glut

Dosage:
              2-3 grams at the onset of a craving for Carbs or Alcohol

May take 5-20 grams per day
              May take up to 40 grams per day
              for Serious Concerns
              (5 grams = 1 heaping teaspoon)
              (1 gram = 1000 mg) which is why it's best to buy in powdered form!

L-Glutamine Benefits:

* It's Brain Fuel. It's used in depression & mood disorders. It heals brain tissue.
              * It levels out blood sugar. This is what aids curbing cravings for Alcohol and Crabs
              * It aids in the repair of damaged cartilage (joint degeneration)
              * It protects the liver from toxin damage (ie acetaminophen use). Also aids Cirrhosis
              * It helps build lean muscle during exercise
              * It promotes a healthy digestive track and aids with digestive disorders

Hope this helps. It really helps me - but I take the HIGH doese (20 grams per day) divided over 4 times per day on an empty stomach.
              Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
              AF - July 31, 2013
              :lordhelpme:

Comment

L-Glut

RC and RN, thanks for the info!

Comment

L-Glut

Hi to All,

Welcome in the L-Glutamine world Ritanow!

All is true what you said but L-Glut only aids curbing cravings for Alcohol and Carbs!
                  Not Crabs! :H
                  Though I do not eat seafood so I would not know!

:welcome:

Glutamine is wonderfiul!

Comment

L-Glut

thanks for all the info guys. i now know i am taking to little and i am super thrilled to know it can help with carb cravings. if i am not drinking i would like to get super skinny. i have been walking or hiking everyday. i am going on day 12 and hope to see some changes soon. if anything i feel fantastic!
                    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
                    sober since 2/4/12

Comment

L-Glut

wanttobesober;1165416 wrote: Welcome in the L-Glutamine world Ritanow!

All is true what you said but L-Glut only aids curbing cravings for Alcohol and Carbs!
                      Not Crabs! :H
                      Though I do not eat seafood so I would not know!

:welcome:

Glutamine is wonderfiul!
                      HAHAHA -- just can't type so well --
                      Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
                      AF - July 31, 2013
                      :lordhelpme:

Comment

L-Glut

Hi,

RN probably has the best info. I am also on high doses 15 grams per day. I buy the powder, it is much less expensive and you can get a quick fix when you really start craving sugar and CARBS :H:H:H
                        THOUGHTS become THINGS
                        choose the GOOD
                        ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

L-Glut

Hi Rita, Hi Barbara!,

After posting my remarks, I was kind of afraid that you think I am a jerk.
                          My post really did not mean to be that way. I just wanted to have some fun, and also let you know that L-Glut is very good and works for me!
                          I am glad that you did not take it in the bad way!
                          I sincerely hope this website will help you in the future!

cheers,

Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X