Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acid Reflux, Gut Pain, Vomiting, Diarrhea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello fellow sufferers,

If you've had tummy aches or any of the entitled issues - I've been on prevacid for fifteen years - then you have gut issues. I've done some more research on this lately because my issues have escalated over the spring and summer, to the point where I was popping handfuls of pills of many types and drinking pepto by the jar just to get some sleep and deliver myself from the pain. I was also taking 4 grams of L-Glutamine daily until I read some really bad things about it - see the most recent holistic L-glut thread, you'll find my research buried in there somewhere.

Anyways, reflux and all these other problems may be caused by too high or too low stomach acid.

The next time you feel the need for an antacid mix 2 parts standard vinegar with 1 part honey. Then take two tablespoons. If you have too little acid the vinegar will help and you will feel better. If you get worse than you probably have too much acid and you can go ahead and take your antacids.

If you find out you have too little acid then you should buy a book like Why Stomach Acid is Good for You.

Also, using lemon juice at meal times to help replace the acid you lack.

Bruunhilde;1188817 wrote: Hello fellow sufferers,

If you've had tummy aches or any of the entitled issues - I've been on prevacid for fifteen years - then you have gut issues. I've done some more research on this lately because my issues have escalated over the spring and summer, to the point where I was popping handfuls of pills of many types and drinking pepto by the jar just to get some sleep and deliver myself from the pain. I was also taking 4 grams of L-Glutamine daily until I read some really bad things about it - see the most recent holistic L-glut thread, you'll find my research buried in there somewhere.

Anyways, reflux and all these other problems may be caused by too high or too low stomach acid.

The next time you feel the need for an antacid mix 2 parts standard vinegar with 1 part honey. Then take two tablespoons. If you have too little acid the vinegar will help and you will feel better. If you get worse than you probably have too much acid and you can go ahead and take your antacids.

If you find out you have too little acid then you should buy a book like Why Stomach Acid is Good for You.

Also, using lemon juice at meal times to help replace the acid you lack.
    OI Bruun--just ignore the Bible references if they don't sit well with you, but please read this:
    Toxic Vinegar Poison Acid Causes Anemia Cancer Ulcers Cirrhois Liver

Did you ever try the slippery elm bark?
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Thanks RC, I use organic apple cider vinegar. An alternative to people with low stomach acid is using lemon juice. Personally I find cut lemons to be excellent at eliminating stains on hard surfaces like tile. And I use white vinegar for cleaning too. Doesn't mean I drink a cup of either but I use a cup for cleaning.

If you have insufficient stomach acid, then adding an acid helps you digest food until your gut heals. Using L-glutamine for short term gut healing is also fine. Long term use is well supported by dieters, alcoholics, and body builders because it helps with their goals but unless you have a gut issue, long term glutamine therapy is ill advised based on the lastest information I've read. Mercola/Blaylock ref.

And I was remiss in my original post to not include probiotics. I use Dr Ohira, miracle in a pill.

Comment

There's always something new to learn and determine whether its an issue, right?

Another item I think I didn't mention for my gut health is my dirt drink once or twice a day. I use a coffee foam frother to mix psyllium and diotomaceous earth (DE food grade) together and it does a great job calming my tum and also keeping my intestinal tract clear. DE is also good for worming your pets.
        Once in a while I will add bentonite clay powder to detox my gut, it sucks out toxins. It is also good for use on skin to clear it.

Comment

Yes it is! So is my kitchen counter, embarrassingly so. But if they're not in sight, I forget to take them.

DE is commonly used in pool filters, make sure you do not get pool grade. You can get a ten pound box of food grade for $20 US approx. I ordered mine online and it soaks up the nasties better than anything except bentonite. Also has many health claims like lowering blood pressure, etc.

Comment

if you or someone close to you has serious gut dis-biosis I'd strongly recommend following the GAPS protocol by Doctor Natasha Campbell-McBride.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Did that last year but am revisiting some of the protocol - thanks Det.

Comment

RC, forgot to thank you for the reminder on slippery elm bark, will try it.

Just read that Kefir is far more aggressive than yoghurt and usually creates a more pronounced “die-off reaction”.

Comment

No I don't take aloe vera, but I have bought it and been scared to drink it before so that it rotted in the fridge.... :H

Comment

I'll tell you what looks worse - check wikipedia for kombucha. THAT is some ugly mother. The ACV is nothing compared to this pic. If I ever get to this place where I can chew that mother, I will be a very healed person with a whole different brain. Maybe after next week's lobotomy. Its the kind of mushroomy drippy thing my bald old witches in the avi are brewing, eye of newt and all.

Kombucha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Bruunhilde;1191366 wrote: No I don't take aloe vera, but I have bought it and been scared to drink it before so that it rotted in the fridge.... :H
                      There is no need to fear pure aloe vera juice (whole leaf is preferred). I've seen countless people heal their ulcers using it. Lily of the Desert makes a Stomach Formula that is even better than aloe alone. It has peppermint, slippery elm, marshmallow root among other calming, healing herbs for the intestinal system.
                      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Oh I know there's no reason logically to fear it, or I wouldn't have purchased it. I'm just finicky. It took me years to drink my first kefir and I immediately loved it. It makes no sense at all.

Comment

Zen, the kombucha I've tried is actually pretty good. it's extremely fizzy tho.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

I'm drinking the kombucha right now, bought it for the first time yesterday. There's no mushroom mother thing, it was on tap at the local health food store. It tastes like apple cider with some fizz, its good actually.

And I'm here to tell you all, that despite falling terribly off the wagon, I'm no longer having vomiting, diarrhea, stomach issues AT ALL. I have been drinking kefir, and raw milk, and now the kombucha although that was just yesterday and today so I attribute my healing to the kefir and the probiotics I'm taking.

Its an f'ing miracle. Yesterday I went off the deep end with martinis, and I'm dizzy today but not my usual bed-ridden, toilet-bound, vomit-bucket-carrying old self.

Now to do the last and best thing, get rid of the damn alcohol.

Comment

Hi Bruun, I've had similar problems in the past and one of the things my GP ruled out before putting me on Nexium was infection with Helicobacter Pylori.

Comment

Working...
                              X