L-glutamine - Unbelieveable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes most of us do change when we drink Space, but some of us change for the worst. I have another friend who turns into a right bitch - thank God I don't live near her. Same deal, lovely when she's sober......

Yes its time to tell her very firmly that I am my own person and not a youngen that can be pushed around -I have told her nicely - didn't get through.

As for the supplements I agree, the L-Glut was expensive, I'm re-starting it today. Along with the other stuff I bought that doesn't work much either.

Then the search will begin again for something. Still waiting for my Topa to arrive.

Are you taking any thing else Space? (meds)
    Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
    :h ya
    Trix

Comment

My problem was I was a fun drunk and generally more fun to be around. Guess that was part of the whole problem for me.

Comment

Yeah I just laugh and do silly things, but I'm never aggressive.

I just get very talkative and never remember what I say though, and as they say - the truth comes out of the mouth of drunks and babes - that's me too :blush:.
        Trix

Comment

Could anyone provide me with advice as to how much L-glut is required for craving suppression :thanks::new:

Comment

Hi Living12, :welcome:

You've come to a wonderful place.

I have been taking 2 teaspoons twice daily of the powder in water (mid morning and mid afternoon) on an empty stomach.

It hasn't had the effect on me that it's had for some people but it is different for us all. For some, its all they need to take.

Some say the powder is more potent that the pills, but others say the pills work just as well.

Good luck.
            Trix
            Trix

Comment

Hi Living 12: I take 1 heaping tablespoonful (6-8 GRAMS) in the morning, and another heaping tablespoonful in the early afternoon. POWDER, always, not pills.

I've found, and so have my clients, students and friends that I tell about L-Glutamine, that up to 18-20 GRAMS/day is quite effective for stabilizing blood sugar, eliminating cravings for sugars, carbohydrates and sweets, and for weight loss. My doc is a former competitive body-builder, and she fully supports my protocol. She says one can take l-glute until one smells of ammonia. Hasn't happened to me in 2 years. I'm 25 lbs. down, caffeine is no longer an option, and I l-glutamine at high levels.

But that's just me. One thing I've learned, here at MWO, is that the "way" is different for everyone. That makes me smile. I forget which spiritual teacher it was who said, "The Great Way Is Easy, For She Who Has No Preferences."

Good luck. Don't be hesitant about taking more.!!!
              "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Thank you both , very encouraged by this and the forum hoping I begin to regain controll of my life .
                Best to you

Comment

ditto what Redthread posts: 18-20 GRAMS/day is quite effective for stabilizing blood sugar, eliminating cravings for sugars, carbohydrates and sweets

Dr Robert Atkins conducted some revealing clinical trials and references others in his 'vita nutrient sourcebook' and echoes similar numbers with L Glutamine. he was also a fan of inositol (the more liver-friendly form of niacin) for anxiety disorder.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thank you Determinator will research some more , must say my confidence in being able to tool myself up to fix my broken life is rising thank you all so much. It is heartening to know some one understands what you are going through.

Comment

Living12, I didn't notice you are new here. a big welcome to you!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X