HCG weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HCG weight loss

I am looking into this product and wanted to know if anyone had ever tried it. Every thing in me says, dummy of course you will lose weight on a very restricted calorie diet. However, I have seen it work with a close family member (my bf's aunt). She has lost 58 lbs in 60 days! We are not close (have never met in person) so I don't feel comfortable talking to her personally, but I have followed her weight loss since April and her pictures. The results are incredible.

Now back to restricted caloric intake. It makes common sense that reducing calories works to promote weight loss. On the other hand, most people cannot resist hunger cravings unless they have bariatric surgery (major reduction in stomach size). On the HCG diet, which requires HCG drops three times a day before meals, people who are successful, and I've seen MANY who were, don't seem to have a problem sticking to the diet.

I have tried restricting my calories now for about 6-7 weeks and have lost around 7 lbs. My resolve is slipping though, and I am eating more of what I had not allowed myself to eat before, and I am still at least 60 lbs overweight. I know (I KNOW) people lose weight by dogged determination through diet and exercise, but every time you read about these 'success' stories you see the fine print: RESULTS NOT TYPICAL.

I am so tired of being overweight, and I hate seeing myself in the mirror. I think one of the reasons I began drinking so heavily was because of the low self esteem I developed from my weight gain. It began (the weight gain) when I was put on anti-depressants and just seemed to happen overnight. I tried WW and lost about 12 lbs total, and quickly gained it back. Ironically, the heavy drinking put even more weight on me, but when I was buzzed I didn't care. I thought when I quit that at last I'd drop the weight. Not happening.

So, didn't mean to make this into a book, lol, please let me know if you've tried HCG. I am thinking seriously about it. Also, no offense, but I know all about exercise, low carb, gluten free diets, high protein, fiber and all that. Knowledge and ability seem not to meet up in my mind unfortunately. I have tried diet pills in the past and though they work, I can't take them. If the HCG can quell hunger and allow me to lose weight without stimulants then it's worth a try. I just need to hear from more people.

Thanks for listening!

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

HCG weight loss

I am very interested in the replies that you get, and I hope you get some. I have never tried this diet.
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

HCG weight loss

I remember over 10 years ago when I first put on some significant weight. I was working in new area of the university at that time and I was a supervisor. A professor came in and was acting beligerant and verbally assaulting my staff. I came into the office and confronted her, and I could tell that she was "off" mentally, but although I can't remember anything else that she said *exactly*, I will never forget what she called me: Pillsbury Dough Girl, and puffed out her cheeks for emphasis. I went home crying that day, and I would give anything to be the weight I was then!!!

Sylvia Plath

Comment

HCG weight loss

I know several women, 45-60 years old, who have done this diet successfully, using homeopathic versions of HCG. I don't know anyone who has taken shots, which I understand to be the favored method. In my very small sample of friends, all of them lost significant poundage; and all of them have re-gained that, and more, I think. Took a couple of years, but not one, that I can think of, sustained her weight loss.

I bought all of the HCG supplements, fully intending to do the whole protocol. Fortunately, I finally started taking l-glutamine at the massive doses my Dr. approved, and before I got around to managing my calorie intake, I dropped 25 pounds, effortlessly. I still have all those things in my cabinet. Guess it's time to throw them out.

I'm really not dissing the HCG protocol. Just reporting from my direct observations and experience.
        "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

HCG weight loss

Whatever works, Redthread. So, do you attribute your "effortless" weight loss to L-Glut? I have a big bottle and I've taken less than 10. It didn't seem to do much, and I just didn't have the discipline to take it several times a day. If it works to help you lose weight, I might be convinced. If you belive the L-Glut was the catalyst, how much did you take per day and how long before you noticed your weight dropping? Did it also eliminate sugar cravings, as I've heard some proclaim?

Thanks!

P.S. You know, nearly everyone regains the weight they lose. No matter whether they tried a fad diet, used supplements or reduced calories/exercised on their own. I'm not sure that significantly dispels HCG's effectiveness. I do understand how that might make it seem less attractive, though.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

HCG weight loss

If you're not going to use the HCG stuff, maybe you could mail it to me?

Sylvia Plath

Comment

HCG weight loss

Hi LG
              Isn't HCG human growth hormone? I saw Dr. Oz talking about it and apparently it can put you at risk for cancer. I know a couple of people who have had success with this diet though.If it is human growth hormone I am not sure I would want to take the risk.
              I have done the Dr. Bernstein diet and had great results. I lost over 25 lbs that I had gained from an anti depressant that I had been on as well as from all the wine I was drinking. I see you are from the US so I think there will be a Dr. Bernstein clinic possibly close by. It is expensive but is medically supervised weight loss. My hubs is doing it now and has lost 25 lbs in just a few weeks. There is no food to buy, they just give you a few supplements and B6 injections. They make you write down all your food intake and liquids. The only drawback to it was that I could not exercise heavily as I did not have enough glycogen stores due to the restricted sugar and carbs. They also help you to add back the food carefully after you have hit your goal weight so you don't gain it all back.
              You do not go hungry on it. What works is that they get you into ketosis so that you start to burn your fat stores. There is no alcohol allowed on the diet as it is full of sugar and will keep you out of ketosis. They check your urine for ketones so you have to be accountable.
              Their website is Natural Weight Loss Programs | How to Lose Weight Fast | Dr B Diet | Dr. Bernstein Diet & Health Clinics. Hope this helps.
              R4L
              Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

HCG weight loss

Yeah, well, l-glutamine does work for me. And one friend who took a little for a long time and never felt anything, until I pulled a tablespoon out of his kitchen drawer and said, "Take a heaping tablespoonful when you get up in the morning, and another mid-afternoon." When he quit paying attention to the "dosage" information on the label and did as I suggested, he, too, lost 25 lbs. in 3-4 months.

I guess this is the down-side of never starting my "own" thread. I have posted this over and over. And, of course, just like everything else, it probably works for some and not for others. But yes, I take 20-30 GRAMS of powdered l-glutamine/day. It stabilizes my blood sugar to the extent that I can no longer tolerate coffee, which was NOT my plan. Stable blood sugar, for me, means no craving for sugars or carbohydrates, and minimal appetite. I live with myself, only, so skipping meals became easy and regular. Skipping meals resulted in dropping pounds at a fairly rapid rate. After 25 or so lbs., I had to start making decisions about what TO eat.

I don't think the pills or capsules are very effective. I buy 2.2 lb. tubs of l-glutamine at VitaCost. When I'm being "good," I take l-glutamine, All-One, and several additional neuro-transmitting supplements, hoping to heal the dain bramage of several decades. Only the l-glutamine do I take twice a day. I dropped the weight in 2009/10. No sign of it returning, yet.

I'll check the expiration dates on my HCG stuff. It's been a couple of years, though; if it looks safe, sure, I'll send them to you.

Comment

HCG weight loss

Hi Red! I have been taking L-Glut for a while now to help with cravings wih AL but I take the capsule form. I take 1,000 mg 5X daily...sometimes more if needed. It does help the AL cravings but I have seen no other effects pertaining to reduced appetite et al. I have heard that the powered form is the best but how do you take it...do you add it to juice or put it in yogurt? I just looked at my bottle of L-Glut and it says that 1,000 mg = 1 gm.......geesh....I can really up my dose but am considering the power.
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

HCG weight loss

When I bought my capsules at GNC, the salesperson told me, "And there's no difference in the powder form. You shouldn't waste your money on it, because if you open the capsules the same powder is in there." I didn't even ask about the difference, he just volunteered. I don't take his word as gospel though, as apparently he is wrong, lol.

So, after the 25 lbs, you didn't continue to lose, or you didn't have any more excess weight? I'm sorry if I'm being obsessive (again, hee hee). On a side note, see it's just my personality!!! Haha, doesn't necessarily mean I obsess about AL...I obsess about anything I get focused on!

After hearing your success and maintenance, Red, I think I'd rather try the L-Glut route and see if it works for me. Could you be more specific as to how much each day? Do you recommend a certain brand?

Thanks again!

Sylvia Plath

Comment

HCG weight loss

Oops you DID say your specific dosage. I am curious how you take it too, as Dest asked. In some liquid? I just looked at my bottle and each capsule is 1500 mg. If 1000 = 1 gram then I'd finish the $20.00 bottle in three days, lol! I hope the powder form is more economical.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

HCG weight loss

Running, no HCG is not the same as HGH. Probably just as dangerous, but I really don't know that much about it. It is supposedly a hormone found in pregnant women, and was used to treat obesity back in the 1950's. It has had a resurgence of popularity in the past few years, which is probably why I've heard so much about it.

I do know about the diet you describe, but it is too costly for me to consider. Thanks for the info!

Sylvia Plath

Comment

HCG weight loss

Ahem. . . ladies . . . it's just up there, in my post. Buy 2.2lb of POWDERED l-glutamine from Discount Vitamins, Supplements, Health Foods, Whole Foods and Sports Nutrition online, Vitacost. Exponentially more affordable than what you can buy at the local health food store. I think the brand actually changed recently and IS "VitaCost."

I don't really measure. I just take a regular "big" spoon our the drawer and heap it with l-glutamine. If 3 tsp. = 1 tblsp., I probably have at least 8 tsp., or 8 GRAMS on the spoon. In the morning, I mix it with Rice-Based All One, plus additional amino acids and brain food. I mix all of that together - sometime with water, sometimes with Vitamin Water . . . whatever is at hand, and drink it down.

I usually skip lunch, but when I start to feel hungry I take another heaping tablespoonful of l-glute. Usually just with water. It's grainy, but the only taste is slightly sweet. Not unpleasant at all. My pdoc told me to take this much, or more. She said it's okay to take as much as I want, until I start to smell of ammonia. So there. Now you have the only official guidelines that I know of

And yes, after 25 lbs. I had no more to lose.

There's a great and long thread in the Holistic Medicine section here. It's called "Benefits of L-Gutamine." It keeps getting bumped up, so shouldn't be too hard to find. Great info from a member here who was/is also a physician.

BTW . . . I haven't heard from anyone that they had much effect from pills or capsules.

Comment

HCG weight loss

oops! We ARE in the holistic meds section

I bumped the thread and here's the link to one of the first l-glutamine threads. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...ne-37269.htmlI I glanced at the end of it, and, I guess exactly like everything else, it works for some and not for others, and in different ways. So some reading through would probably be a great idea. You're good with that, LG. My story and my method of doing it are just that - mine. It was after taking massive amounts of l-glute and the additional nutritional and neuro-chemical support that I realized that I had quit taking Zoloft, an AD that I had been prescribed for years, at 100 mg/day. It was a surprise to me when I realized that I hadn't taken it for a week or more. So, no more coffee, no more Zoloft. Vitacost is my online shopping addiction :H.

Good luck. If I can help, let me know.

Comment

HCG weight loss

Hi LG, Red and All,

RedThread12;1346048 wrote: Yeah, well, l-glutamine does work for me. And one friend who took a little for a long time and never felt anything, until I pulled a tablespoon out of his kitchen drawer and said, "Take a heaping tablespoonful when you get up in the morning, and another mid-afternoon." When he quit paying attention to the "dosage" information on the label and did as I suggested, he, too, lost 25 lbs. in 3-4 months.

I guess this is the down-side of never starting my "own" thread. I have posted this over and over. And, of course, just like everything else, it probably works for some and not for others. But yes, I take 20-30 GRAMS of powdered l-glutamine/day. It stabilizes my blood sugar to the extent that I can no longer tolerate coffee, which was NOT my plan. Stable blood sugar, for me, means no craving for sugars or carbohydrates, and minimal appetite. I live with myself, only, so skipping meals became easy and regular. Skipping meals resulted in dropping pounds at a fairly rapid rate. After 25 or so lbs., I had to start making decisions about what TO eat.

I don't think the pills or capsules are very effective. I buy 2.2 lb. tubs of l-glutamine at VitaCost. When I'm being "good," I take l-glutamine, All-One, and several additional neuro-transmitting supplements, hoping to heal the dain bramage of several decades. Only the l-glutamine do I take twice a day. I dropped the weight in 2009/10. No sign of it returning, yet.
                              Red,

Thanks for the advice on L-Glut. I did not know about it. I have tried this morning as I have
                              a jar of powder at home and indeed it suppresses your appetite.

"dain bramage" - Awesome new words. I really like them!
                              Even my dyslaxic ex-wife could not come up with words like that. Just kidding!

LG,

I think it is a wise decision to try L-Glut instead of chemicals.
                              L-Glut helps to lose weight by smoothing out the blood sugar spikes that occurs
                              after eating. If you want to lose weight on the long term basis, it is very important
                              to get off sugar forever. Diets don't work! People lose weight and then start eating again
                              like before started dieting and of course they gain all the weight back and then some.
                              You need to make some lasting changes in your life if you want to be skinny forever.
                              If you consume less than 50 carbs a day and try to consume it a way that it evens
                              throughout the day you will not have blood sugar spikes, insulin spikes and do not
                              gain weight.
                              Your body is losing weight if your blood sugar is 80-90 and you are gaining weight
                              if it spikes and stays above 120. That is why most of the people who have metabolic syndrome are having hard time to lose weight. And that is why Atkins works.
                              If you limit your carbs you can lose weight naturally and you don't need chemical pills to get on the dieting roller coaster.

Good luck with L-Glut.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM&feature=BFa&list=HL1341534671[/video]]Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube

Cheers,

Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X