Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried Ginkgo Biloba ?

Yes, I do .
    When I take it , I feel a sorts of load/mess in my head for a couple of hours and then good, may be cause of a good or over flow of oxygen and blood into my slept brain.
    This supplements claim to support, circulate and maintain a good flow of blood to body and brain.
    A good amount of blood and oxygen is required for a Brain to work smoothly.I don't know how much mg ( 30 ,60,120 or any ) is ideal to intake in a day ?

Does it vary the content of it with different brands for the same mg tablets ??

Any idea and sharing please !
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Ginkgo Biloba does nothing for Brain !

Though some researches say Gingko Biloba is useful for good blood circulation and used for brain enhancement .But a study done by A UK research group says it does nothing for brain.

Dementia and Alzheimer's disease

Ginkgo is widely used in Europe for treating dementia. It was first used because it improves blood flow to the brain. Now further study suggests it may directly protect nerve cells that are damaged in Alzheimer's disease. A number of studies have found that ginkgo has a positive effect on memory and thinking in people with Alzheimer's or vascular dementia.

Clinical studies suggest that ginkgo may have the following benefits for people with Alzheimer's disease:

Improvement in thinking, learning, and memory (cognitive function)
    Improvement in activities of daily living
    Improvement in social behavior
    Fewer feelings of depression
    Several studies have found that ginkgo may work as well as prescription Alzheimer's medications in delaying the symptoms of dementia.

However, one of the longest and best-designed studies found ginkgo was no better than placebo in reducing Alzheimer's symptoms. In a 2008 study, 176 people in the United Kingdom with Alzheimer's took either ginkgo or placebo for 6 months. At the end of the study there was no difference in mental function or quality of life between the groups.

Ginkgo is sometimes suggested to prevent Alzheimer's and dementia, as well, and some studies have suggested it might be helpful. But in 2008, a well-designed study (the GEM study) with more than 3,000 elderly participants found the ginkgo was no better than placebo in preventing dementia or Alzheimer's.

Any comments here ?. Please feel free !!!!!!!
    Dix

Comment

yes, this is very good

Comment

ShieldSteve;1380483 wrote: yes, this is very good
        Hi Shield,

I am also taking it but don't know if I am benefited or not ?.That's why I have started this thread.
        Could you share a little bit about it ,what sort of benefits are you getting or realising please?
        Thanks for sharing here ,
        Dix

Comment

Working...
        X