Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Vitamins work while drinking heavily ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All,

I am just curious here to know the fact that how do the vitamins work while you are everyday drunkard ?
    I think they are useless and might be more harmful ,a regular amount of food may fill you stomach and liver up and be able to absorb the some amount of Alcohol ??
    A tablet and a food supplement just left your stomach empty for alcohol and I think useless .
    I think it definitely works a vitamin or food supplement is taken without alcohol but with no Idea ???

I am not a dietician or a doctor it is just a plain thought so your input would be valuable to avoid my wrong perception ,if I am wrong ?
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Dixon,

Vitamins hurt my stomach unless I take them with food.

When I am drinking, I do not eat, so vitamins are out of the equation.

If you are someone who eats while drinking, I imagine that the vitamins can help, as the alcohol is keeping your liver from processing the vitamins in the food.

I recall years ago my dad telling me that large doses of Vitamin C, Vitamin Bs, and Vitamin E would help a hangover?

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I always took vit B when i was drinking and used to pee bright yellow. I have noticed that now I am sober my pee is less yellow.
      That tells me that I am absorbing the vitamins now.......so Dix I suspect vitamins work less well when we are drinking......but hey, everything works less well when we are drinking!

Comment

Cinders;1446641 wrote: Dixon,

Vitamins hurt my stomach unless I take them with food.

When I am drinking, I do not eat, so vitamins are out of the equation.

If you are someone who eats while drinking, I imagine that the vitamins can help, as the alcohol is keeping your liver from processing the vitamins in the food.

I recall years ago my dad telling me that large doses of Vitamin C, Vitamin Bs, and Vitamin E would help a hangover?

Cindi
        I agree with you , vitamins really work if we eat them with or after our food.I used to eat a lot when I drank so was getting fatter.I think we should not avoid food while drinking for the sake of slimming.
        I was trying slimming while drinking not taking abundant food ,so now got deficient in some vitamins .I used to take pills which were deficient but were not working .

Thanks for sharing
        Dix

Comment

kuya;1446652 wrote: I always took vit B when i was drinking and used to pee bright yellow. I have noticed that now I am sober my pee is less yellow.
          That tells me that I am absorbing the vitamins now.......so Dix I suspect vitamins work less well when we are drinking......but hey, everything works less well when we are drinking!
          Hi Kuya,
          I am familiar with Vitamin B and B complex ,they have the same nature we get yellow pee initially and lesser either we are under drinking or not .
          Anyway ,vitamins and supplements do not work well while drinking but I think do bad if the sufficient food is not taken ?? .This is my question here .
          Kuya I remember your help and may be in touch with you for further help.
          Thanks
          Dix

Comment

No problem Dix, I told you at the time contact me if you need help :h

Comment

kuya;1446675 wrote: No problem Dix, I told you at the time contact me if you need help :h
              Cheers !!!
              Dix

Comment

Working...
              X