Vitamin C for cravings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitamin C for cravings

Has anyone noticed less alcohol cravings after taking Vitamin C? If so how much do you take?

Vitamin C for cravings

Hi Cleo63,

Yes. It can help with craiving.

I take about 20 grams of Vitamin C (20,000 mg).
    For some people it seems insanely lot, but
    Orthomolecular medicine enplanes why do you need much much more than RDA.

DoctorYourself.com - Vitamin C Therapeutics

Clinical Guide to the Use of Vitamin C

The Healing Factor: Vitamin C Against DiseaseC

Brian

Comment

Vitamin C for cravings

- started caking a c/ combo T d00mgY from the start and I haven't had any realk cravings in 3 weeks. B complex has helped a lot(often sevearly depleated in heavy drinkers) as well as chromium picolate(helps to control carb cravings and helps to metabolize them as well for an added weight control benifit ). Have you begun your quit yet or preping for it?

Edit: just wanted to add that. From what I've learned over the years about suppliments, some are toxic in large dosages and while vitamin c isint one of them, your boby can only absorb so much at a time. So if your taking high dosages it might be more benificial to ingest the total amount consistantly throughout the day so your body has a chance to absorb and asimilate the vitamin instead of simply passing it through the urine. I'm going to try upping my dosage and see if I get better results! Thans brian

Comment

Vitamin C for cravings

Great articles...thanks Brian!

Decided....I have quit many times before. I only drink on Fridays now. However I drink a lot 8-10 drinks on fri night. I am taking so many supplements. I am thinking about adding vit C to see if it wil help me with the fri urges.

Comment

Vitamin C for cravings

Good for you on cutting back so much if its just one day that you drink maybe its a habit. Thingd and not so much physical? Like friday comes and triggeser an auto pilot reaction? O don't know if I'm making any sense lol just a thought! I'm sure you'll find a solution, keep at it.

Comment

Vitamin C for cravings

Hi Cleo63, decided,

One more clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBuOd36dOrg[/video]]Vitamin C - Worse than sugar? (Part 1) - YouTube

Comment

Vitamin C for cravings

No luck for me but I don't take that much. Actually no luck for any of the herbs/vitamins.

I take 5k mg C, B complex, a LOT of glutamine, inositol, choline, liver tone, vitamin D, magnesium, multi vitamin / minerals based on whole foods, and more. Plenty of others I have done like Kudzu and such.

I think they are all good but the baclofen is really the only think that helps when it's working for me.

Comment

Vitamin C for cravings

Want - thank you, that was a very informative video! I am going to add vitamin C to my supplement regime. Unfortunately my one day of binge drinking per week is turning into two days...yikes. It took me years to get to that place. I don't want to go back. I am also thinking about trying Lithium Orotate. I have heard good things.

COS - I take a lot of the same supplements. kudzu and l glut worked great for about two weeks then nothing. I am taking benzos for anxiety so I don't want to take any more prescriptions. I'm glad the Bac is working for you

Comment

Vitamin C for cravings

Hey Cleo63
                  Ya know the glut does help a bit with the sugar cravings. That's about it.

Benzos, yup I have them for my insomnia. These hi dose gaba b ag's (bac) kill any fun effects so just helps me sleep.

Good luck on your travels!

Comment

Working...
                  X