Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Minerals, Chromium, Iodine

Hello All

Have been off & on here for a few weeks now after a 10 day binge (bottle of vod a day) which I'm coming out of now.. Just some observations during the binge as I normally suffer horrendous withdrawal for at least 6 days normally. This time it is different as I have been supplementing myself with barroca, multi minerals, chromium, iodine during the binge & have noticed a massive reduction in my drinking towards the end & am now on day 1 AF with no withdrawal which is unheard of for me. I actually feel really good..Hope it's not the calm before the storm!!! I have been taking Bac for 5 years on & off but finally gave up on it as the SEs were too much to bear..
    Researching Chromium regarding addiction bought up some interesting results.
    Would be interesting to hear from anyone who has tried this, might be another tool to help with addiction & withdrawal.

I take all these supplements except iodine.

I have no doubt they account for your lack of withdrawals.....I suffered no withdrawals OR cravings when I quit or since.

Add vit b, glutamine, tyrosine and co enzyme q10 and check out my link below.

Nutrition and repair are the key IMO

Comment

That's good to know.. I've always been a great believer in supplements & normally pump myself with them when going through withdrawal but never when I'm on a binge as tend to forget to take them like most things!!!
      Here is a question for you, I've also given up coffee as I have noticed when I drink coffee I tend to start drinking again.. Ever heard of a link between cafe & alcohol??
      So, stick to white tea & milk thistle now & not crave in to the likes of Starbucks!!!

Comment

Coffee will raise your anxiety AND it drops your blood sugar ....wham! Craving.

Stick to herbal teas for a while and give yourself a fighting chance mate

Comment

Thanks Kuya

That is some really useful info.. Much appreciated

Comment

Thank you Kuya for the Dr Wilson link, which is excellent.
            This is my favorite passage from his article:
            "Many alcoholic people are very generous and kind. They must keep track of their energy use and set up boundaries for themselves so they do not stress their bodies. If they do not do this, they can undo all the hard work they have put in to moving away from alcohol or, for that matter, from other addictions as well."
            I tend to be an Over-Giver, so this is meaningful to me...anyone else like this ?
            Meow-Meow
            MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
            X