Fasting pre and post chemo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh MHP, I'm so terrible, terrible sorry. I have nothing profound to say that could ever help with what you and your family are going through. Please know that, I'm thinking of all of you and sending you love and healing thoughts. Always....

Comment

Morning everyone. I'm glad I've put my thoughts down. And I'm glad you're all around. Thanks. You've no idea how much it means to me. And Sunnybum xx

I've always dealt with grief in my life when I've had a full deck of cards. Didn't realise how much it wipes you out physically as well as emotionally. Today I will be speaking with my sister and her husband as they arrived in the city late Sunday and were dealing with stuff yesterday. The coroners report is in, mercifully death was instantaneous and I wont take you to where my worse case scenarios were going...funeral probably this week. All the little details....tidying up a life. Just makes you sad.

Comment

Heartbreaking. So sad and so sorry for your family's loss.

Comment

Hi everyone. Been thinking so much about this thread and its continuation. Sometimes I think I wont bother posting again and then it draws me back, so here I am again

Better head space today. I've really been laying low, just settling into being at home, catching up with friends and speaking with family on the phone. Funeral for my nephew is next week. With the chemo scheduled for then, it makes the trip down too difficult. And back to my previous comments, its a relief in a way too. I'm going to leave this topic away for now.

I've really come back into meditation in my practice especially the last few days. It creates a calm in me that I am not gaining from the physical side of yoga at the moment. I think its true you need to be gentle on yourself and I'm finding that each day is a good lesson in this. Eating well this week, planning ahead for a big bone broth early next week too NS, so I will be right on top of my fasting. And of course, the nutritionist on Saturday. Been enjoying some quiet times with my family and all of our pets. Pet therapy, is there anything better? One of my cats is the type who seems to sense when I'm out of sorts and is all over me. And yep, I am a potential crazy cat lady

Comment

Thank you for posting - was just thinking of you! Glad your cat is providing great support - and good how things sometimes work out the way they are needed to - take good, kind care of you, with love.....
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SL you gorgeous woman x

Comment

myhappyplace;1690156 wrote: Sometimes I think I wont bother posting again and then it draws me back, so here I am again
                When I read this part of your post, I realized how incredibily sad I'd be if I lost touch with you, MHP. You've touched my life with your experience with this dreadful disease. I believe if faced with cancer, I'd be much stronger because of you. Thank you for coming here, checking in and sharing. :l

Comment

Ditto what ginger writes - you inspire me MHP!

Comment

Thanks you two. I'm really touched. Had a MWO friend who looked in on the thread and she commented on the type of people who post here, how genuine and lovely they are. So true.

Ginger I was awake in the night and wondering how your friend is going? where is she up to now after her surgery? Keep thinking of DD too...

This morning I'm off to a slow start, our puppy who is 8 months old was desexed yesterday and she is on the bed feeling sorry for herself and I've been feeding her toast. Two things I'd be in trouble for if my husband saw the weather is warming up, still a little fresh but I can feel spring around the corner. I'm going to see how treatment goes next week, where my energy lies and then look at creating a new garden in our front yard that the pup had turned into dust. I'll keep you posted on how it looks, I've been googling meditation, healing gardens and the like and have some ideas. Thinking lush tropical?? anyway a mental WIP at the moment, but I have the strong men to do the main work and the rest is planning.

Comment

Hi MHP! The garden sound lovely. Wish I could come see it when it's complete. So it's almost spring there? It's our hottest month of the year! It's too hot to do much outside after 9am.

My friend got great news! Lymph nodes and margins were clear! Whoot whoot... She will only need radiation so no chemo.

Comment

Oh Ginge!! that is EXCELLENT news! I'm so glad and overusing the ! key. Brilliant x

Comment

Hi Happs,
                          Love the sound of your plans for a healing garden, just delightful.. I may make a little tranquil garden/ type scene on my balcony!
                          Thanks for the idea
                          I hope today has been good for you
                          Xx
                          Pat

Comment

So good to hear Ginger!
                            I love the idea of your garden MHP! Creating and growing are such rewarding time fillers ! Yesterday on a trio to a market on my holidays I bought some decorations for my garden - a wind home and a light catcher! Need to look into re landscaping to make it a pretty place to be!

Comment

Visit to the nutritionist today. She's given me a lot of hope for the next lot of chemo and also some cautions. Firstly my hair will start to grow back. Bonus!! and secondly my tastes will start to swing back to healthier food choices, the metallic taste will abate, which will mean that water might taste good again. To celebrate all of this I had another meal of McDonalds at lunchtime, including a Coke. I know, evil right? tastes sooo good though.

We discussed why it is that the salty flavours are those I crave, particularly tomato sauce (ketchup?) and even when I have a healthy soup I put a good good good pinch of Celtic salt in it. And again this is all due to the chemo.

To combat the effects of the Taxol drugs I'm starting to take supplements. These are B complex and fish oil, taken twice a day to combat neuropathy throughout treatment and after. Exercise is also a must but pushing through with anything is a big no. As soon as I feel any muscle strain I have to stop. This is where the cautionary stuff from today comes in, the side effects of Taxol include fatigue and muscle weakness. So with this in mind, I'm dropping teaching yoga after this treatment. With everything that's gone on this last week or so, I feel drained. Its that simple.

I'm checking out a few links on the garden plan. Also been to the nursery and taken some photos of plants I like. I also like the idea of a timber walkway. The space is only small but I think it can take it. And because it is small I want to choose plants I love, maybe sticking to a green and white colour scheme to keep it restful? One of the Undies gave me this link too

Tropical Garden Landscape Design Ideas. Tropical Landscaping

I like the idea of using decorations too SL! and I'm glad you're in this too Pat. x

Comment

PS...have to say I've been awfully moody this last week. And if I thought I'd escaped the hot flushes/menopause stuff - well, its on me now with a vengeance. Not making excuses though. It just IS.

Comment

Working...
                                X