Newbies in need day 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need day 9

Good Morning. Glad to hear everyone is doing so well ! Good going Star, retteacher, Nancy, aduggan, db2 (I am in computers too) and purple (my favorite color...can't you tell?). Kitty you must have been sending good vibes because those dominoes didn't fall !!! You did fantastic and I survived a last minute invitation to a barbecue with friends who were all drinking wine (my favorite) !!! So good for you and I am still right behind you on Day 21 now !! Have a great day everyone and all to come.
    Lilac

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

Kudzu

Nancy,

I agree with you about the kudzu. I guess it depends on what makes you drink. In my case, it seemed the kudzu just made me get drunk quicker, which made my "stop" switch go away completely. I think I am a complete junky. sigh

So, kudzu is actually a bad solution for me. I gave it to my daughter to try with that warning. It seems to work for some and not others.

I am impressed that you are able to stop at 3 reliably, I sure wish I could count on that.

I have found the L-Glut does cut some of the edge off so I do take that in the early afternoon. It seems like 1500 is when my brain starts nudging me....

I've been reading your posts about meditation and thinking about buying a book or two on that and seeing if morning and mid-afternoon meditation might help, too.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

Hi,
        This Kudzu perhaps it is a physcological thing but it seemed to help me over the weekend and depressed my appetite to drink and go over board.

Ps I like lilac too so, much similar to purple.

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

Hi all,
          Had a gooday and a good workout. Going to try and lose a few pounds before the kids go back to school. Drank a few yesterday but not enough to be in a mess. Not sure how I did it. Have been listening to a quit smoking hypno tape. I dont smoke but try to change the words to suite me. I lost my alcohol hypno. Have a great evening. Everyone sounds upbeat today. Bird

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

Hi, everyone. I am on the L-Glut for now and am thrilled at how it has reduced my cravings (and quickly). Yesterday it was a rainy day in Georgia and I would have typically put away about 3 bottles of wine due to boredom. Not yesterday, I didn't start drinking until 1:00pm (usually 10-10:30am on weekends) and I had 5 glasses of wine all evening (that's 1 every 2-2 1/2 hours).... I think it's remarkable. I have ordered the Kudzu Rescue- can anyone give me some insight as to how it works? Thanks.

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

I just read D2Bs post...

I have used kudzu with no success and i have used kudzu with success. it all seems to depend on my mindset at the time. So it seems unreliable. But due to the success of the randomized trial, I continue to take it on social occasions.

in the last three and a half weeks the most i have had on a given day is 5, but 3 is more typical. I have been taking time to meditate and resolving some of the issues that cause me to overdrink (mostly related to stress, low self-esteem, over-thinking and depression).

I sometimes have cravings after 3 but they are not much worse than if I had nothing. When I get them, I remind myself about the bad times and tell myself that if I can achieve this, my life will be 100% better and I won't have to quit altogether. I also think about all the damaging health issues. I never saw myself as an alcoholic, as there are specific things I use alcohol to help with.

Good luck, I think meditation/stretching/pilates are helpful.

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

Hi Nancy,

I agree with the Kudzu thing it is a mindset, if you want to have a drink you will and Kudzu wont stop you.

Exercise or sport I find seems to help.

Purps.

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

d2fromula, just read the post where u said about my post, i so hope i have not made anything worse, 4 u or adrienne, she has really touched my heart , how old is her son, mine is 10, in ways i wish i was near by as i think we cud b good friends, but then id prob b a bad influence, i have put my msn,on my profile if she wants to chat nxt time she is over,xxxx hi girl pants !(purple neck !) xx
                  if you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got!

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

Hi trying , "Girl Pants" ???

I am beginning to get a complex, I will have to stop wearing them !! (A tranny Alchy)

LOL.

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

lol, i will stop calling u it, ok, i dont wanna give u a complex,

i got 1, its not nice,

i not got a complex about bein a tranny , just about peeing people off , it seems 2 b my only talent!!!!
                      if you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got!

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

No worries I can take it.

They call me alot worse around here..

why the change of name then??? are you going under cova????

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

no, i could not read posts access boards read mess on rach28, i dont know y but kept bein told server 2 busy try again later, an bein redirected to old mwo site, i think mayb i got blocked or something,
                          i know im a pain in arse but didnt thinki was that bad,

says a lot about me when cyber space dont want me, if it happens again i know it is me an i ll disapear,

havin bad day if u aint guessed that 1, sorry r u ok i hoe so, xxx

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

meant hope not hoe !

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

Strange Rachel, as I had trouble trying to access the site this morning..............you think someone is tryin` to tell us something???? LOL

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in need day 9

it started sat, server to busy!!! i dont no, dont no much!!

Comment

Working...
                                X