Scared, but exited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared, but exited!

hi chaaku!!! congrats!!! i have a comment on chantix...wonderful!!! i quit in feb. without much willpower and it almost feels like topa. you are on it for 2-3 months if i remember correctly, but i had quit at the end of the second month. you taper off the first week and if you slip at all it is o.k, but cigs start tasting terrible and the chantix gives you a nauseaus feeling to associate it with...brilliant!!! keep up the good work...cap:goodjob: :welcome:

Comment

Scared, but exited!

Hello Cap and thanks for posting to me

The support and encouragement of you all is just fantastic. I am on day 3 today (sipped 2 glasses of wine yesterday). I listened to the 'hypno' CD tracks last night - just as RJ recommends and found them so powerful. I thought that I might just add my anti-smoking one to the mix in a few days and see what effect that has. Great to hear that there is chantrix out there if I need it.

I cannot believe how different I feel already. How much more in control - I HAVE MY LIFE BACK!

This is the best investment that I have ever made and I just know that it is going to work for me as it is working for the rest of you.

K-M x :h :thanks:

Comment

Scared, but exited!

Fantastic!
        Very well done Chaaku.

Comment

Scared, but exited!

Hi Chaaku!! I wanted to respond yesterday but it was a busy day and I did not get all the posting in that I wanted too. I am so happy to hear you sounding so good. "Getting our lives back" is exciting isn't it? Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with the life I'm getting back LOL!

I'm making my Santa list for the hypnosis too. Can't hurt, right? "I love cleaning house whether I like it or not" is going on my list.

A couple of things that helped me with my smoking quit in case you want to check them out. There is an on-line modular "preparation" course called Freedom From Smoking at FFSONLINE.ORG. It walks you through a process of identifying and WRITING (I think that's important to actually do the writing) the reasons you smoke, the reasons you want to quit, your triggers, etc. You end up with some good tools to help you keep your quit especially in those early days. It doesn't matter if you are quitting cold turky or using nicotine replacement or Chantrix or whatever.

I also have found a WONDERFUL support community at Quit Smoking All Together with QuitNet.com - Stop Smoking Help and Cessation Support. That is a really massive site, and it takes a while to figure out the navigation. I've never seen discussion board software like that. But the cool feature in my opinion is the "Clubs." Anyone can start a club and anyone can join any club they like. It helps you find groups that you have things in common with, and find a group with a "personality" that suits you. I belong to a club called 40-Plus Quitters. It is a zany, caring, hilarous, supportive bunch. I also took a "chance" a couple of days ago (I've been hanging with that group for over 4 months now) and told them I had a drinking problem and that I quit. You would not BELIEVE the outpouring of support I got. I already knew there were a few folks in the group who had also quit drinking just based on casual mentions (it's not a big topic there by any means - it's a quit smoking board of course). BUT - many more people both publically and through the private messaging system shared that they had also quit drinking. Amazing once again how these two vices often go hand in hand.

Anyway, long story short. If you are looking for a specific stop smoking community that is a lot like MWO is for stopping drinking, I invite you to visit Quit Smoking All Together with QuitNet.com - Stop Smoking Help and Cessation Support and after you get through the frustration of figuring out the site, stop by the 40-Plus Quitters Club. I'm Doggygirl60433 there. LOL - the "Q" (Quitnet) has it's own zany lingo and our club is quite imaginative. So if you read posts having to do with Tweener and Big Girl/Boy pants and such, keep the faith that if you join and participate you will eventually figure these things out and laugh your butt off. That place actually made quitting fun for me - believe it or not. I find the daily pledge very useful, and also the daily milestones parade where specific days and or months of people's quits are recognized. With silly virtual prizes of course.

Anyway, enough of the novel. Congratulations on your moderation and also your upbeat attitude and outlook!! I'm on Day 5 and feeling great!

DG
          Day 5 AF and lovin' my daily gold star in the drink tracker!!
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Scared, but exited!

Thanks Popeye and DG

DG - you are so prolific on these boards and very encouraging and helpful to everyone. I really appreciate the support that you have given me.

I might just join your '40-Plus Quitters Club' shortly.

WELL DONE with the AF - you deserve to collect all of those gold stars.

Hopefully I can do the AF bit soon.

K-M x

Comment

Working...
            X