Newbies in need - Day 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - Day 12

Hi Butterfly and thanks. LOL - I agree it sure seems like a message, I'm just not sure WHAT message. I just had a long talk with Mr. Doggy. He didn't suggest what I should do one way or the other, but was a very good sounding board - he knows me better than anyone on the planet. Since my goal is abstaining, and I'm doing OK so far (yes, it's only day 2 and it's a long road, I know that!) I'm going to hold back for now on the Topa. I'm going to keep it one day at a time, and know that I can add the Topa in (along with possible side effects, cost, etc.) if I get to a point where I believe it's the difference between success and failure to abstain long term.

Starlight, I'm giving you a big ol' hug right now. It is such a struggle to decide what path to try and take sometimes. One day at a time, right? Did you catch the rodent? I hope so... ICK!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 12

Doggygirl I'm "struggling" with the fact that I've just lost my dad 2 weeks ago.
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 12

Janice I am so sorry. And now that you say that, I remember reading that. What a cad I am. I am still trying to learn all the names and a bit about everyone and I hope you will forgive me for not making that connection.

((((Janice)))))

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 12

Its okay Dg, just finding it hard to get back into at the moment, bit sensitive as well so sorry too. Janice
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 12

Oh Janice, how very sad, I'm sorry for your loss!!!

Doggygirl, day 2 is a great start with or without topa. At least you have it if you need to get on it. I know I needed something more than just will power but what also helps me is to also reread the book too. Has anyone tried that? Just re-reading even a few chapters? It confirms why we want to take action in the first place. I got a hypnosis CD off e-bay the other day for $15. I wasn't ready to part with the full $98 for the program set yet after doing all the supplements and topa. I'm anxious for it to arrive and test drive it. I have the Wendi Freisen tapes but don't find them the best. They are good reinforcement but I can't always relax with her voice. I guess I can't fall into a hypno state well so I'm reluctant to spend a lot of money on this.

Starlight, I hope you've stayed strong and not opened that bottle! I'm going for another tactic in the evenings and starting to find some good books to read so that I try to occupy my time that way vs. with a wine glass in hand. I consumed on average a bottle to bottle in 1/2 a night most nights. Sad, but true. Had too many nights where I wasn't sure what I did by the time I hit the pillow, who I chatted to on the phone, what I said to my kids, blah blah, blah....

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 12

Thank you Janice, and more ((((Janice)))) to you.

Hi AJAH. I am using all the recommended supps and the CD's all from MWO. In pondering this dilema quite a bit this afternoon, for me anyway I think another reason to hold off on the Topa for at least a little while, is to truly see what difference it DOES make for my body chemistry if I do feel that I should try it. So anyway...one day at a time with 3 out of 4 for now. (well, still gotta get more exercise going on!!)

Maybe this doesn't seem quite so bad to me because I'm comparing this experience to quitting smoking about 4.5 months ago. Of course everyone is different but MAN quitting smoking was CRAZY for me. I was a raving lunatic b!tch (can I say that here? cuz that's only a mild version of the truth) SOLID for a full month. Things are lots better now, in fact for me the 100 day mark seemed to be quite a turning point. But anyway, the "edginess" I feel today is just so mild in comparison. I'm thinking that the hypno and supps must be helping, and maybe my physiology just wanted to hang onto nicotine each and every minute of every day more than my body wants to hang on with THAT intensity to alcohol. (but I sure was drinking a LOT and not having any success stopping it...)

I don't know...just pondering. Just happy to be here in my little place of baby steps!

So what CD did you get from e-bay? Once you get it, please let us know how it works for you.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 12

Everyone: I just read all the posts on this thread. They are so great. If I can't open this thread tomorrow (the beach party...must leave home early), I hope someone else will, & I'll log on when I can. I'll be babysitting my grandsons on Sat. but hope to catch up on Sun. Good luck all & have a great weekend. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 12

Wow, I was doing so well but then something happened to upset me and I had a bad time of it. I am thinking of trying 30 days and doing the CDs religiously.

I feel really discouraged and am trying to remind myself that I moderated successfully for almost a month.

Comment

Working...
                  X