Newbies in need - Day 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - Day 20

Dear DG & Everyone: I'm glad my opening sparked some interest. DG: I understand your point about discussions w/hubby while drinking (not even drunk). For me, I'm so ashamed, guilt-ridden, & paranoid when I'm drinking (or recovering/hungover) that I would rarely engage in any kind of a discussion &/or argument. Therefore, real issues went by wo/any response from me. The result: no growth, no real emotional intimacy. Even after 35 years of marriage, the need to keep communication going is still very necessary. I'm on day 11 & in the past few days, I've said more to my husband in terms of real honesty than I did in the last 3 years of my drinking. Love you all, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 20

Reteacher- I think that is great that you are opening up to your hubby. I am sure he'll appreciate the new and improved you. I, too was tired of feel guilt ridden and crappy in the middle of night. I would always think "tomorrow I won't do this to myself." It's nice to finally be true to myself. Great work, Mary!
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 20

[QUOTE=l Thoughts go out to Janice, Bluesky, GardenGirl and Roxane. Hi to all to come. I'm off camping until Sun.
        thanks [i]again[/i] Louise for thinking of me.

Hi everyone, i have been lurking because i see a thread i can relate to, scroll down and everything has been said, or the subject has moved on. so i dont contribute. i feel on the edge of this site, my doing, but i feel it anyway.

some uncomfortable reading the last couple of days has put me off also.

i think i must have been a murder or rapist in a previous life because the bad stuff keeps coming! karma has come and got me.

still, i have my sister down from yorkshire next week to kick me up the backside lol.

BTW retteacher, when ive been sober for a while, i can let people know what i think without (in my mind) them thinking 'shes drunk, dont listen to her', in fact i can get excited about the fact that i can say my opinion sober that i can get quite, erm, forthright? not sure i like that side of me. something that i have to find a balance for i suppose.

roxane

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 20

Hi Roxane & AF: My husband may appreciate more honesty when it suits him (or maybe not when it doesn't). I do owe it to myself (& him) to "say what I mean, mean what I say, but don't say it mean..." That's a something I heard in the Alanon program. Good luck & I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X