im in big trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im in big trouble

ive just come home from being busted drinking on the job..
    i work in a restaurant and bar so its not so bad.... i thought... but i have just been pulled aside by my boss who has confronted me about my drinking problem which untill right now, i've denied to everyone and more importantly to myself..
    i am feeling extremely ashamed as what i have denied for so long as it is so obvious to everyone around me.... have found this web site in desperation...(whilst drinking a beer) can anyone help??

im in big trouble

Glad you found us ladybug. And glad you have recieved your eye opener. Keep on reading as much as you can right now. Beer or not.
    hugs....
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

im in big trouble

has this been posted twice?
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

im in big trouble

welcome lady bug- like your name very much- sounds happy and i think lady bugs bring good luck

a lot of bad stuff has happened to people on this site when drinking. we don't end up on a board like if all was dandy in our lives

please read the research section and the book and life can get a whole let better and you can have this problem licked

all the best to you

you found a good place to land to address the issue

Comment

im in big trouble

Hi Lady Bug. I too love your screen name. There is hope!! I think I understand how you feel as I went through a drinking on the job busting situation too a few years ago. That was a much needed wake up call. Sadly, I kept pushing the snooze button for a few years. But here I am today on the My Way Out program and for the first time since my teens (I'm 49) have gone 16 days in a row without any alcohol. And I'm feeling very good about it, and the future finally looks bright.

Like others have mentioned I highly recommend downloading the book as the perfect starting point, and then reading and reading and reading lots of posts here which will answer many questions you are sure to have, and verify for you that you are not alone in this, and you CAN overcome this like many others here have done. There are tons of people here who are very inspiring, and they sure keep me motivated!

I am taking the full range of recommended supplements and also doing the Hypnosis CD's. About 5 days ago I started exercising again, and at the same time made some recommended dietary changes. The only part of the recommended My Way Out program I opted not to do is the prescription meds - I am doing fine so far without. But I would add them if I felt I had to in order to be successful tossing booze out the window.

Best wishes to you lady bug. I hope this site and program helps you.

Beth
          Day 16 AF
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X