Starting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting out

Hi everyone....just starting out and making an effort to reduce my intake...not going AF yet, I dont see it being realistic for me .....I've been a daily drinker pretty much the past 4 yrs, (vodka and beer....occassionally whiskey, not often)...and have finally decided that I really need to cut back for health reasons, and also I've recently been going back to the gym and getting back into bodybuilding, and want to regain the type of physique I had 5 yrs ago (when I was a powerlifter/bodybuilder) before I became a heavy drinker....I'm 29 and dont wanna keep going like this,..

...so starting today I am taking Calms forte(3 pills a day)....ZMA (a zinc-magnesium supp...since drinking depletes your zinc and mag stores which leads to anxiety)........5 grams Glutamine per day, 1 B-complex pill per day...and 500 mgs Milk-Thistle per day.....also using the hypno cd's twice per day....cant afford the topa right now though....

..My short term goal is to cut my daily intake by half....i have averaged about 10 drinks per day these last 4 yrs, so I'm hoping to cut that in half over the next 4-6 weeks...i'm motivating myself by telling myself that I will cut my calories by 500 calories per day simply by reducing my alcohol intake by half,...which will result in losing an extra pound of fat each week, thus helping me get closer to my old physical condition....

...Basically I'd love some encouragement and advice from fellow members (preferably who were heavy drinkers on a daily basis similar to me).....I love this board and thank God i came upon it, so much helpful info to be found here!

Starting out

Another Yankee newcomer

I'm a Yankee fan as well and am looking for similar newcomer support. Daily heavy drinker as well for 4-5 years.:new: [pre][/pre]

Comment

Starting out

Welcome!

Hi Yankee and Scooter!

Nope, heavy drinkings not good so you've come to the right place.

Sounds like you'll be a good pair! Pull up a chair and settle in.

I'm interested in the Calms forte, Yankee, what's in it?

magic xx:schmokin:
      ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
      I am in the next seat.
      My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Starting out

Yankees,

I'm also new to this site but not new to heavy drinking. Done it for about 25 years off and on.
        All the doctors who have treated me have immediately put me on 300 mg Thiamin 3 x per day. I gather that when you drink, the liver rejects it's absorption and it is the only one of the B-Gruop if vitamins that you can't overdo(C is another) but is essential to food/nutrient and energy metabolism. Don't need a scrip for it either.

Good luck
        Bashley

Comment

Starting out

I'll second that on the B1...we should all be taking at least 100mg per day aside from what measley ammount might be in our multi-vitamin. It helps to reduce the onset of WK syndrome from heavy drinking.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Starting out

Welcome Yankee and Scooter! Yankee, I too am chasing a former physique - the one I had about 50 pounds ago. Giving up the massive number of daily alcholol calories has certainly helped get that mission underway. Best wishes to you both in achieving your moderation goals! You've come to a great place.

DG
            Day 20 AF
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Starting out

Hi Yankee Fan. I'm into football, so have no problem w/ur baseball team :H :welcome: Sounds like you are motivated and if it's bodybuilding that does it for you great! You'll find a lot of good people here!

Comment

Working...
              X