Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone...I'm new here!

Hi everyone,
    I just came across this site and I'm so glad I did! It's so nice to read stories that are similar to mine.
    I have been a heavy drinker for about 10 years, but it has really gotten much worse in the last five. Usually good for a bottle of wine every night, the large one of course! I want and need to stop this but the idea of quitting all together just makes me want to drink more. For about 2 weeks now, I have been moderating pretty well, not drinking 3-4 nights a week, and when I do, keeping it to 2-3 glasses. I have also just started taking Wellbutrin which I think is helping.
    I think reading these forums and talking to others who are struggling the same way I am could be the best therapy of all.
    Anyway, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself!

:new:

Doxie,
    Welcome...You'll find all kinds here. But thier is a lot of support here ! Keep Reading & Posting. :welcome:
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi Doxie:welcome:

Great to see you have already started to make progress with cutting down on your consumption - well done thats awesome.
      You have come to a good place to meet new people, share your experiences and learn along the way with continued support.
      Look forward to seeing you around!!
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Thank you for the welcome!
        I have been reading the posts and I swear I could have written so many of them. When I think of some of the things I have done and said while drunk, it just makes me want to go and hide under my bed. I am pretty sure everyone I work with can tell when I come in hungover, although I do it so frequently maybe they've just gotten used to it. I have called out sick because I was too hungover to come to work. Most recently, a man I was dating told me he didn't want to see me anymore and one of the reasons was that I drank too much (he told me this while we were on the phone and he was in his car on the way to the store to buy beer at 11 pm at night...go figure).
        I am single and the men I date either drink like I do which usually equates to both of us drinking more, or they don't drink much and are turned off by mine.
        I am tired of waking up in the morning with that feeling of regret. Most of my drinking is done alone which makes me feel guilty.
        I don't want this to rule my life or ruin my health! Also a smoker (varies daily but probably 3-4 packs/week.)
        Just wanted to share a little of my experience, but I'm so glad to be here!!

Comment

Doxie,
          I've been down a loney road that everyone here has been through. Start taking the sups. that this site recommends. It'll will get rid of your chemical dependency for alcohol & Tabacco. Seek out help for both alcohol & tabacco. Thier are support groups for both. IAD
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi and welcome

Diamond x
            I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
            I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

I have been reading about the program, and it sounds like exactly what I need.
              I am curious, where could I find info regarding how these supplements mix with Wellbutrin? I have looked on the internet without much luck.

Comment

Doxie,
                Talk to your Doctor.....they will tell you if everything is ok. IAD
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hey Doxie, Yep can totally relate to all that you have said. The good thing is that you are here and already making progress to a better place with your drinking. We have all done many many things we regret, even if it be that we wish we had had a glass or two less the night before. We are all in the same boat - because we are at this site. There is comfort in shared experience and also in shared growth. You are definately on the right track.
                  Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Sorry not sure about Wellbutrin.....
                    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

welcome to here and hope you find what you need.

regarding the supps, nothing reacts with welbutrin so don't worry about that. if you ever worry about what might react with what, there are sites on the interent that tell you...all the supps in MWO are natural and don't react with others except the Topamax, which I don't know much about.

it sounds like you are well on your way to getting a better life. hope to hear more from you.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hi Doxiemama and welcome! Is the "Doxie" in your screen name a reference to a doggy? Of course I had to ask!! I can relate to everything you've shared. Especially the many times of wanting to hide under the bed. I am taking the rull range of recommended supplements (not Topomax though, or any other prescription med) and also I do the hypno CD's. This program WORKS if you really want to change. For me I wanted to quit altogether (at least for now) and I am on Day 20 alcohol free. This is unbelievable after my 30+ years of daily drinking, and in LARGE quantities for much of that.

You've found a great place for support, and an EXCELLENT program IMO for moderation or abstainence.

DG
                        Day 20 AF
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Binge Drinking

Drinking has cost me so much. A marriage and a child first. I have tried to stop several times. I've ben in 30 day treatment programs 3 times and was committed once. Yet i started drinking again last March. Three weeks ago I chose to drink rather than show up for work. I never called in and haven't worked since. I drank most of the week last week but have been sober since Thursday. I can't pay my bills and am aout to have to move back home with my mom to avoid homelessness. I live in Ohio now and the move is to Mississippi. I feel so guilty. This move is causing me to have to move away from a woman I love.

Comment

Hi Doxie

My first day here also. I know I need help. I am doing better, but still have a long way to go. Good luck let's work together.
                            Cole

Comment

Hi cole80 and ready. You've both come to a great spot. I believe you have to WANT to change real bad. But the program outlined in the My Way Out Book (please download it and give it a read if you haven't already) WORKS if you work "it."

Hope to get to know you better. This program has sure turned my life around for the better.

DG
                              Day 20 Alochol Free
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X