Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to stop again??!!

Good luck to you William!!!

I`ve had so many false starts over the last several weeks, including a fatalistic stubborn streak which kept shouting out how I could successfully moderate, when I knew fine I bloody well couldn`t.

Day 4 AF for me tomorrow...........still overcome by brain-storming cravings at times, but shall not cave this time...........NO WAY!!!!!.........NO HOW!!!!

WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!!!!!...........it`s just like Ariel said........we have to be ready and willing to give it our all.

Love and luck to you,

Starlight Impress

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

Hi over there Starlight Impress,

Geez. And I thought that I came up with impressive and creative short phrases... :lol3: "Starlight Impress"? Wow. Both catchy and eye-catching. One guy's opinion.

While on the phone only half an hour ago came up with, "Treading Quicksand". It struck me as both frightening and amusing. Laugh. Your Starlight Impress is much better. Smile

Thank you for the post of encouragement and best wishes to you and your endeavors over there also!

William

Starlight Impress;172874 wrote: Good luck to you William!!!

I`ve had so many false starts over the last several weeks, including a fatalistic stubborn streak which kept shouting out how I could successfully moderate, when I knew fine I bloody well couldn`t.

Day 4 AF for me tomorrow...........still overcome by brain-storming cravings at times, but shall not cave this time...........NO WAY!!!!!.........NO HOW!!!!

WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!!!!!...........it`s just like Ariel said........we have to be ready and willing to give it our all.

Love and luck to you,

Starlight Impress

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

Treading quicksand-- I feel like that most of the time.

And this is funny, I am not dyslexic by any means (am a linguist, researcher, and writer by profession)-- but haha get this-- I've been thinking Starlight Impress was Starlight Empress all this time and had an image in my mind accordingly. Now I have to completely revise that image! Thanks William
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

Hi William,

Another Welcome from the other side of the pond!:welcome:

You are doing well to be 14 days in already - that is probably the hardest part over!

I believe the contact / support from the people on here is what has made the difference for me this time.
          I too had tried with little success for many years to do something about my drinking.
          The 6 months I have been here have been the best!
          I went from drinking ridiculous amounts daily down to 4 or 5 drinks a WEEK.
          Right now I am exactly where you are now! 14 days AF and feeling just fine.
          For me that is the longest stretch AF in over 20 years.

You have found a special place!

We look forward to having you around!

Good Luck!

Satori
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

Starlight Impress;172874 wrote: Good luck to you William!!!

Love and luck to you,

Starlight Impress
            Hi Star,

Missed you lately!

You are doing great - and sound really determined!

We are all rooting for you!

See ya

Satori
            xxx
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

Thank you Beatle and Satori...

Early morning here in New York and have to try and get some sleep. I keep odd hours when sober. Ridiculous, huh? Doesn't matter, I like the quiet of the night hours with some frequency.

Hope you both are feeling well and have a great day!

William

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

Hi and welcome William,
                only just read your post, wishing you well.
                Paula.

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

Hi Willliam! I'm near Chicago and have been keeping goofy hours too. It's a rare night these days with over 4 or 5 hours of sleep. That's OK though - it beats the snot out of a hangover. And I like having my Dreadmill time done before the birds are up.

Congrats on 2 weeks. I think you will like the supplements. I think they take the edge off the cravings. I also believe my body has a LOT of healing to do on the inside and outside. I'm getting into that!! I like the hypno too. I think that helps me keep a puke inducingly positive attitude.

Anyway, just saw your early post and wanted to say hi and wish you well on another AF day!!

DG
                  Day 23 AF ***********************(my gold stars)
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

paula;173026 wrote: Hi and welcome William,
                    only just read your post, wishing you well.
                    Paula.
                    Thank you Paula! :thanks:

Hope you are having a good day!

William

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

Good to hear the you-are-not-so-alone message. We sound similar in a handfull of ways.

:lol3: Puke-inducingly positive attitude? That's hysterical! I have a meditation/hypno type of approach too. Can't wait till the vitamins.minerals, and herbs get here. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right! Laugh.

Thank you and glad you wrote. Hope you have a great day!

William

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

Hey, hey... Day 15 AF. Will wonders never cease?! LOL. Don't mind me, just trying to maintain some lighthearted humor amidst a somewhat overly plagued mind. Laugh.

When honest and given a moment to think about it am feeling reasonably ok. It's a nice day here in New York with a couple of thunderstorms in the surrounding area. Have to check the local weather reports to see if there are any heading this way. I have a slightly self-ish love of the things :heart: . Maybe psychology would chalk it up to repressed anger. Laugh.

William

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

Hi William, congrats on your 2 weeks and one day....or "more than half a month"....that sounds good doesn't it! I like thunderstorms too, I really like them while flying, how nuts is that!

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

buffy;173792 wrote: Hi William, congrats on your 2 weeks and one day....or "more than half a month"....that sounds good doesn't it! I like thunderstorms too, I really like them while flying, how nuts is that!
                            LOL. If I ever find myself flying in one of those planes again and it's during a thunderstorm that manner of "craziness" might come in use to calm my nerves instead of any alcohol that they might have onboard. If you manage to stay calm 30,000 feet up amidst lightning bolts and even enjoy it than %&@#, why shouldn'y I! :wow3:

And thank you for the congrat.'s!

William

Comment

I have to stop again??!!

A friend here reminded me yesterday that I'd entered upon the threshold of just over half a month. Luckily & gratefully I feel ok today.

A zillion vitamins and what looks like some assorted more holistic herbal supplemets arrived today! I had to laugh because my system does feel and appear grateful. Why? Probably because it does not recall one single day of my entire life with professionally suggested nutrition. :blush:

Hope evryone is feeling well or as well as possible.

William

Comment

Working...
                              X