Newbies in Need - Day 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 31

Well, this takes me back!! Its a long time since I started newbies off!! Well, I'm not a newbie but I am in need and if its okay, I'd like to rejoin this thread. Starting from today. Its been a hard few weeks but I'm getting there, but unfortunately my drinking has slipped back to old ways. I can't believe how well you are doing Mary, you are an inspiration to us all. Its so true that getting a few AF days under your belt is the hardest - today will be day 1 for me, its got to be this time. I've been lurking over the last couple of weeks, totally lost my direction with everything that has happened and have at times been in some dark places. I tried joining the 30day thread in the monthly abstainers but they put me to shame!!! They are all doing so well!!! I feel so sad that I got to 42AF days from beginning of May and then thought I could moderate and I did, successfully for a while, but then..... I have started waking up like I used to, having panic attacks, but last night I woke up thinking what would dad say?? I have also had niggling pains where my kidneys are. So today is different but I know I can't do it without MWO. So, if there's anyone like me who is in need of some tender MWO support and wants to start right now, newbies is the place to meet. Mary, good luck with your longterm goal - you can do it!! Love to everyone that follows, have a good day! Janicexx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Newbies in Need - Day 31

Janice:

My puppy woke me up early to go out, & I couldn't go back to sleep. I was delighted to see your thread. This is the last day of an incredible month for me. Today is the beginning of my 22th day of sobriety. I always thought that some kind of bottom would instigate my stopping drinking. Instead it was just a simple decision: "I won't drink today." In AA there's a concept called the 3 A's: awareness ("Drinking is messing up my life."), acceptance ("I cannot drink, no matter what."), & action ("I won't drink today."). I have to make the decision to live that concept each day. I feel incredibly grateful at this moment that I've come this far.

Janice, I am so happy that you are back. Keep coming every day if you can. I hope you will start this thread each day. That helped me keep AF each day, because, I wanted so much to share my success w/my dear, dear newbie friends. Speaking of whom: Thank you, thank you to Doggie Girl (we're neck & neck), Cindi (go girl!), Star (sweet & wonderful), Bird (you can do it), Sante (you too), & whomever I might have forgotten. I'm not going anywhere, but I felt I wanted to thank you all anyway.

On Aug. 9th, I'll have 30 days AF & will join the 30 day forum. Until then, I'll speak to everyone here & at General Discussion. I love you all, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 31

Hi Janice, Thanks for your post. I've 66 days AF now, am a bit unsettled in AA (too much like going 'in' to dark rooms never to come 'out' into the sun again even if AF!) but I really am grateful for your reminding me of those awful panic attacks - which amazingly (I wonder why?!?!) - have gone away in 66 days! So, AA or not, MWO yes, I continue to be grateful for 'Don't have a drink today.' Tomorrow I'll decide whether or not to but if I start each day with my new - good - habit of 'Don't have a drink today'....!!!
      Thanks for starting newbies... we all are each day eh??!
      Me x
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 31

Janice,
        Good to see you, and hope to see you every day for awhile. Our little thread is dwindling because of the buddy thread that someone else started, but hopefully we will pick up some new folks soon. I'm hoping Garden girl will come back as well as Blue Sky. I need to get out and invite the new folks who post.

Janice, you will find your way back to those AF days. With your dad's passing you had a big blow and you need time to heal. I lost my dad in 1984 so it seems like a lifetime ago. That was before my drinking problem really set in. At this point in my life, yes, it would have triggered a major drinking event.

Feet, I've never met you I think, hello. I've never gone to AA but let's agree together not to drink today.

Have a good day everyone.
        If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 31

Good to have u back Janice! I was SUPPOSE to start AF yesterday....but Joe wanted to drink everything in the house first. And I gave in. But no booze but vodka in the house today and Joe doesnt drink Vodka so AF day 1 for me too today. We can do this together Janice!!!!! And with the help of all u great MWO people.:thanks:

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 31

hi everyone..i read threads all over and post all over...i was happy to read your posts here today...I have managed 56 days AF...some days harder than others...i find this place life changing and all the people here to be true blessings in my life...I want to thank everyone...this is what i have realized..that no matter how little or big your post or your story or your comment - I come to count on you and your stories to help me stay on my path...and I don't know that everyone is aware of that.....We are all better by giving back and sharing and getting things off our chests....and even if you don't know all the lurkers that may read what you post ...whether it be something you see as a failure or a triumph - you are affecting others...it is a powerful thing...i think it is a gift ...and one that helps me everyday...even if it is a day that i just read or a day that i post a lot....I know that this forum is here....SO thanks for being here - I truly appreciate each and everyone one of you and ALL that you have to say....I think I will post this on general discussion too....but this is where I started and it wanted to write it here first....have a fabulous day...love and light....:l :h :l buckle

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 31

Hi everyone! Janice it's so good to see you working at this so hard, despite the grief you dealing with. I can't even imagine.... I just really admire your strength.

Mary congratulations on winding up the month of July in spectacular fashion with 22 days AF. The AA approach you summarized in the 3 parts is certainly one of the AA things I agree with. You are an inspiration Mary! Thank you for all you have done for me and so many here - getting us to put our thinking caps on in a way that is really productive.

Hi & welcome again Feet! Rottrod, you and Feet can count me in too on no drining for today - no way.

Hart - sounds like hubby is joining you on the AF mission? Good for you both!!! I probably missed stuff in other threads....did you ever end up trying that different med - the one being talked about in the Holistic section? (sorry can't recall the name of it now - I shall blame Nopa Dopa..)

Hope everyone is having a great day, whatever your goals! I'm thrilled and truly in disbelief on some level to be THREE WEEKS AF. Wowza. I'm happy and excited that is for sure.

DG
              Day 21 AF * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (my gold stars)
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 31

I actually did cardio this a.m.

Was AF the last 2 days and actually did cardio this a.m. at the health club... can't even believe it myself! Mind you, I wasn't graceful by any means...stood in the last row, did the exact opposite of the instructor (can't seem to follow her when I'm watching the back of her in front of me then the front of her in the mirror...maybe because it is at 8 a.m. and I'm not awake yet or maybe it is because I'm cutting back on caffine too and I can't process things yet...or maybe it is the topa...hmmmm). Okay, :bonkers: so I look like I weirdo moving around but the key is I am moving around, right? Isn't that cardio??? At least the person beside me thought I was so entertaining she wants to do water aerobics with me tomorrow! Misery LIKES company!

DG, you started about the same time I did and it so great to see you at 21 days AF! Way to go!

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 31

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome back!! Mary, Rottrod, Hart, Buckle, its good to meet old "friends", Finding Feet and AJAH I'm looking forward to getting to know you!! DG, well what can I say!! You are such a motivator, such an inspiration to us all. You take so much time for everyone. Thank you and well done on your brilliant progress. Well this time I mean business! If I can do it before and that was when mam was ill in hospital, also a stressful time, well I can do it again. Felt okay today, no cravings at tea time, the witching hour. Today is also day 1 back on the supps - they definitely made a big difference last time and tomorrow I'm going to have a swim, get back into that. Feel much more positive and its good knowing tonight I should sleep well!!
                  AF since 9 May 2012
                  Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 31

Hi all,
                    Welcome back Janice. We missed you. Mary and DG and Melissa. I was thinking about you all today. I was having a teribble time wanting to get some beer after work but kept thinking about having to come post how I'd messed up. Kept seeing those dogs and lemons in my head and finally made it home. Day 9 for me I think.Can't drink tomorrow since Thursday is open house and I don't want to be hungover to meet my kids teachers. Thank God school starts next week. I'm so tired of driving my kids back and forth to day camp,not to mention the expense of it and the gas. Later. love bird

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 31

HI Everyone,

Good for you Bird...I knew you could do it. So glad you are feeling better Janice. Nice to see you optimistic again. Hi Mary, Melissa, DG...always nice to read your posts. They keep me motivated each day (even if I don't post myself...as often all the newbies are in bed by the time I get here). Welcome to all the new ones I haven't met... you will find lots of support here. Have a great Wed.
                      Lilac

Comment

Working...
                      X