Newbies in Need - Day 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 3

Thanx Roxanne, the glass of urine is certainly a different outlook on curbing the craving side of things!!! Stay positive Roxanne - like you say, you are definitely drinking less and you sound as if you are in control. Janicexx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 3

Hi everyone, it's been a lovely day so far, took grandchildren to see the Simpsons then Mcds. I'm working this weekend so no chance to drink. You must be so worried about
      your son Janice, but hopefully it was just a one off, I'm sure if there were a problem
      you would have noticed before now.Garden Girl i agree with with Rot Rod you have to
      do what works for you, as for the guilt it wears me down also, I don't think I would be
      on this programme if it were not for the awful feelings of guilt, I seem to constantly want
      to punish myself, so I drink feel bad about it, it really is a vicious circle. I heard a conversation at work between two doctors who said alcoholics drink because they don't
      like themselves think theres some truth in that.
      Welcome Bollo.
      Love Paula.xx

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 3

Hi Everyone:

I'm doing fine today. Got past another temptation. It wasn't as difficult as it used to be. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 3

I'm not sure about hate but certainly there is a lack of respect for the body if you're overdoing it. Psychologically it was really about inhibition lowering for me. Overcoming social anxiety to be able to really express myself in a group. Plus there were moments that it was actually fun! Though I have to admit after the first drink it's all really downhill from there. It's funny listening to folks worry about it being a Friday night when so many people here were everyday drinkers. Even for someone with life issues involving drinking for some reason Friday and Saturday night are some sort of Karmic free pass.

Just having a spot to go and think out loud like this is a wonderful tool. Everyone enjoy themselves tonight, perhaps for some of us it's been a long time since we really took the time to remember who we really are.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 3

Hi all,
            I ruined my 9 day streak by drinking last night. I'd been to open house at my kids school and talked to alot of people. When I got out of there I headed to the store.Getting through those social type things are always a trigger for me. I was feeling so bad today hungover all day and having to work. Will be feeling better tomorrow and ready for some more AF days. Bird

Comment

Working...
            X