Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting out

Hi,

I joined last week and I wanted to post some about myself and what has happened to me. I was an occassional drinker until the last 4 years. I've had to deal with some very close deaths in my family, and that has led to heavy drinking problems. I have never been a very strong person when it comes to losing anyone.

Today I drink and drink somemore. I can't seem to stop and in the past, I've wanted to end my life. I have ordered the supplements and am waiting for them to come in the mail. I have doubt that these will help, even though the forums say they do.

Just starting out

Hi Pollyanna and welcome.

Glad you`re here.........you`re in good company.

I`ve had a few false starts, but am now on my 6th day without a drink, thanks to all the priceless friends I`ve made here.

I drank every single night for the past 5 yrs.

This place will see you get well if you put your all into it.

Wishing you luck and love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Just starting out

Thank you Starlight Impress x. Maybe this will work if I work with all of you. I do know I need all the help I can get. It's not easy being alone. Congualations on day 6th. I just want to make it one day AF. One day at a time is all I can do now.

pollyanna

Comment

Just starting out

starlights right. We all find this tough and fall many times. My best spell was 6 days and then I drank again. I am trying again, starting today. why dont you try with me. I also have thoughts of suicide and attempted it once. Its not a nice place to be. Everyone here is in the same situation and we all battle together. come here regularly and it will help. xx
        Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Just starting out

Sounds good to me and thanks Maxine! I want my life back and smiles. All I have is frowns and it shows. I need to work on how to stop and do something else instead.

pollyanna

Comment

Just starting out

Yeah, c`mon girls...........WE CAN IF WE THINK WE CAN!!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Just starting out

Hi Pollyanna, I hope this helps you get back on track. I have tried to do a month AF (alcohol free), and have not been able to do it...yet...I am not giving up. I am going to try one week and see how that goes. I am hoping that if I try for a smaller, more atainable goal, that I will feel like I have succeded and then continue from there. I am going to start a thread called One Week Abers...lets try this together if you want. Buffy

Comment

Just starting out

Thanks buffy-I'll try too.

pollyanna

Comment

Working...
                X