X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Week Abers..

One Week Abers..

Rooting for you buffy.
    Great idea!!!!.........think a wk. is a more manageable `chunk`.

Almost got my 1st. wk.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

One Week Abers..

I'll join you Buffy. Starting today.

Comment

One Week Abers..

Hi Louise, glad you are going to join me. Yup, today will be the first for me too. I am also going to start working out again and do it one week at a time also. I am sort of thinking it as one day at a time, so it isn't overwhelming. Also cleaning up my diet, one day at a time. It will all add up! Good luck to us....Buffy

Comment

One Week Abers..

Thanks Star! One week is awesome!

Comment

One Week Abers..

Hi -I would love to try a week it does not seem so overwhelming-has anyone gone through withdrawal/detox symptoms? I am sosooooooo afraid of that!

Comment

One Week Abers..

Buffy: I could not do a week much less a month during the months of Apr., May, June, & part of July. During July, I started taking it one day at a time, & that has worked for me so far. I haven't had a drink since July 9th. The first time I did a solid AF week, I felt it was an incredible accomplishment that was a long time coming. Now that I'm closing in on 30 days, I don't get the constant cravings I did in the beginning, but I still feel tempted at times. My inner drinking demon still talks to me once in a while:
              -"You weren't so bad...go ahead & have one."
              -"One little binge won't hurt."
              -"Your health is fine...go ahead & tie one on."
              -blah, blah, blah
              I'm vigilant all the time. I'm also grateful for my sobriety. Good luck, Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

One Week Abers..

Buffy, I am rooting for you too!!! And I agree the week idea seems much more manageable. It's a bite size, rather than a whole meal that you may not be able to finish.
                I am on Day 12, but yeah a month is a bit daunting sometimes.
                Good on you.
                x
                Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

One Week Abers..

Buffy, Louise, WantoStop --- I think this is a great idea! One day at a time, right? I am almost at my first week --- Day 6 today YAHOO! --- but, I think your approach is great. I initially thought that was all I'd make too, but just wait and see how good you fee after that and then decide whether to continue or not. It will be totally your decision then. No "failure" to have to deal with. Good luck!! My thoughts are with you! YOU CAN DO IT! ---Especially if you work the program. It almost seems too simple!!!

WanttoStop --- I just wanted to let you know I was scared to death of the detox symptoms. Thankfully, I have none right now. Maybe a little insomnia for a couple days, but that's about it! The vitamins and water really helps!

Reteacher --- great advice, as always!

Happy Saturday! I have a clear head and a happy heart! )

Comment

One Week Abers..

wanttostop7;174094 wrote: Hi -I would love to try a week it does not seem so overwhelming-has anyone gone through withdrawal/detox symptoms? I am sosooooooo afraid of that!
                    Hey 7,
                    The suppliments help with detox. You might want to get some oil of primrose. You will most like experience wild and weird dreams. It gets better after 3 or 4 days. But you have to go through it, like it or not. I had a rough time when I quit a 10 days ago, then I slipped yesterday. I don't want to go through the detox again so I am catching myself before I get too far gone.

good luck, you can do it. take is a day at a time

IAM .... determined!

Comment

One Week Abers..

Hi, I am doing good so far tonight, went to see a movie and am getting ready to go to bed. I am trying to keep busy and so far so good. I hope all is well with everyone and I look forward to putting the first day behind me....Buffy

Comment

One Week Abers..

Day one is over and I'm going for day 2.

Comment

One Week Abers..

Buffy --- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so wonderful. Hold onto this feel of accomplishment. You should be very proud of yourself. The first 3 days are the worst, so be ready, but you already did the hardest part!! YOU DID IT!!!!

Comment

One Week Abers..

thanks Pinky!

Comment

One Week Abers..

Hi Buffy , :welcome: Congratulations on Day 1!! I will join you with today being my Day 1. I'm back on the supps, etc. and I'm so sick of drinking I can't stand it. I'm going to spend the next 3 days concentrating on 1 goal: don't drink and get through the withdrawl symptoms. I will check into this site everytime I feel the beast rear it's ugly head. I can use all the support I can get. I am determined to succeed this time. I only want to go through this 1 time. Don

Comment

Working...
                              X