One Week Abers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Week Abers..

Welcome Reader6. Hope you find the site helpful. Good going Buffy. We are starting day 4. I like putting those 0's in drink tracker! Wantto, Chief and Pollyanna, hope you are doing ok. Let us know.

Comment

One Week Abers..

Just checking in on you all. The first few days are the hardest! Well done on day 4 Buffy...

I am on day 9 today and feeling better than I have for years. And I know that it can only get better....

Keep it up all of you.

Best wishes

K-M :goodjob:

Comment

One Week Abers..

Just a suggestion: The newbies-in-need thread is a good one. It really worked & still works for me. I like to check in in the morning & read it all at night or the next day. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

One Week Abers..

Hi-good for all of you!!! We can all do this when we are ready- I am just trying to cut down now-like I said I am too afraid of withdrawal -but I am so inspired by reading all of your posts!!

Comment

One Week Abers..

starting day 5!

Comment

One Week Abers..

:goodjob: Buffy. Me too. Temptation last night when hubby decided he wanted a glass of wine with dinner so I opened a bottle for him. Thought about it but did not want to let you down so set it out of my reach at dinner, drank my sparkling water with lemon and by the end of dinner all temptation had passed! Hope everyone else is doing well but I'm beginning to think we lost them.

Comment

One Week Abers..

Hi Everyone: Buffy & Louise: Keep procrastinating having that drink. The craving does pass, & as you get farther into sobriety, they are fewer & fewer. I read that in order to form a new habit, you have to have 21 repetitions of a new behavior to replace the old behavior. I also read that it takes 90 days for our brains to reset the impulse control & common sense functions. After 3 days, the alcohol is out of our bodies, but our brain still wants it to get us high, buzzed, whatever. I did feel an ease-up in the cravings after a full 7 days had passed. Good luck, Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

One Week Abers..

Hi Louise, day 5 almost over. We went out to eat and went to a resturant that we never drink at so I had no temptation tonight. I hope you are doing well and looking forward to day 6 without a hangover.

Comment

One Week Abers..

We also went out, sat in a beautiful courtyard and had a lovely evening. I had 1 non-alcoholic beer, husband had 1 regular. I was quite happy, no desire at all to drink his.

Comment

One Week Abers..

that's awesome Louise!...I am wondering about Friday night. We usually go out and drink with dinner and I have to decide whether I am going to stay AF or try to moderate. I think I will just keep on going. I guess if I could get through Friday, then I will start again. How about you? I am feeling pretty good so far.

Comment

One Week Abers..

Yeah, Friday night is tough. We always have wine with dinner as it is part of the Friday night ritual for dinner in a Jewish home. But we said 7 days so I am going to have juice. We can do it!

Comment

Working...
                        X