The Hypno Sleep CD gives me the creeps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't done an intro yet, but ordered the entire starter kit. Just got my meds in the mail the other day, read the book, been listening to the CD's and for some reason....I cannot sleep with the "Sleep CD". Does anyone else have this problem. It really creeps me out. It sounds like a bad cell phone ring tone over and over and I can't sleep. Therefore my husband thinks I just blew a bunch of money and am a nut job.

I haven't done my intro/story yet but my goal is AF, which hasn't happened. I slept half of today (taking the Topa for 2 days). I thought I would save $ by getting the 100 mg and chopping them up. I have ended up with some crumbs. Any advice would be appreciated. My kids think I am a total loser. I am drinking less; but the cravings have not gone away.

Thanks for letting me vent!
    -Voices

Hello Voices,
    OK, I haven't got the sleep cd but I have the others. I found them OK but the guys voice I found irritating. Because I have a nubmber of other relaxation and medittation tapes I found myself comparing and don't think these cd's are much chop.... but I persevered for a couple of months and found them OK (but I still find his voice irritating).
    If the sleep cd doesn't work for you, don't use it. Simple. But give the others a fair trial before dismissing them.
    I take campral as topa is difficult to get here so again I can't comment.
    OK,so if your goal is AF, start working out small achievable goals for yourself rather than say "today I will do such and such" and setting yourself a goal you may not achieve which in turn will result in disappointment, guilt, low self esteem and all the other baggage we take on. If you end up with crumbs it still should work.
    Give yourself a little time. The cravings will not go away overnight.... but you will really know that anyway.

You have not done your dough. You are not a nut case. Tell your kids you are not a loser, you are an achiever, because you've made some tough decisions and you're taking some very big positive steps and would they like to be positive and supportive
    Hang in there. It isn't easy at first, but it does better.
    Read the posts as there's lots of good info, and you'll see you're not alone in this.
    Be positive, don't put yourself through the wringer if you slip up. Be kind to yourself.
    l

Comment

haha there's a thread on the holistic healing forum here titled hypno dummy that you might want to read. Many people seem to find the hypno cds creepy at first-- most get used to them and even come to like them a lot. That's what happened to me too. I find myself looking forward to them and I listen to the sleep cd with headphones on to drown out external noises.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Thanks for the input. The other ones are ok. I hate the way he pronounces hammock.

-V

Comment

Count me in as one who has grown to love the CD's. I love going to my Humm-ick with "Will" (my name for the voice). I did find that stuff distracting at first - but for whatever crazy reason, once I gave "Will" a name his pronunciations became endearing is a strange way. I even like taking a ride on the es-cue-later.

If you keep trying and REALLY can't get into it, you might want to contact customer service at MWO. I have found then to be very helpful standing behind their products and customers.

Best wishes..

DG
          Day 28 AF
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I really like the hypno CDs, but I do have trouble sleeping through the sleep learning. I just don't even try to use that one anymore. I seem to do well just using the hypno (usually) and clearing (occasionally).

As for splitting the pills, I've never done this, but I've heard others mention that you can get a pill splitter at any drugstore. Look at the stuff next to the pharmacy and if you can't find it, ask the pharmacist. Supposedly, this makes it a lot easier to split the pills cleanly (without half of it ending up in crumbs).

Good luck to you! Keep trying at those CDs. I really think they help a lot, but you don't have to do them all for them to work. If you hate the sleep learning one, just do the clearing and hypno.

Comment

I like the cd's as well. I do wake up a lot during the sleep learning one though. His voice sounds like Marlon Brando's characters voice in Apocalypse Now to me.
              l ______
              /l ,[____],
              l---L -[]lllllll[]-
              ()_) ()_)----)_)

Trill Recognizes Trill

Comment

Working...
              X