Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

Hi Everyone:

Twisted thinking hit me this morning. I started thinking about a day of sipping wine. I even got into the planning stages. Thank God my rational mind kicked in.
    -You'll wreck a great Sunday.
    -You're planning on an outing w/the grandsons that'll go out the window.
    -You'll wreck your sober streak & be back on day 1.
    -You'll have to 'fess up on MWO.
    -You'll feel devastated afterward.
    -Is it worth it? No!

Yes, Doggie Girl, I am on day 27. I'm not a numbers person. Thanks for pointing out my discrepency. By Thursday morning, I'll have my 30 days. The twisted thinking has passed, but I can see that if I had any alcohol in the house, I might have drunk it. Thanks everyone for being there. Love, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

Mary, I'm so glad you changed your mind! I think you are a great inspiration here and I'm so proud of your 27 days. Please stay strong for yourself and for us. This is day 1 again for me and I need you. Don

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

Benjammin - Good idea! I think I'll get posting on Drink Tracker right away!

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE : )

Hello GG, Cindi, Janice, Mary, Starlight, DG, PinkLady & Everyone,

:thanks: I agree that exercise has been the best thing for me in staying AF (as of 11:30 tonight 12 days ), and wow yes Cindi you are so right, my skin looks so much healthier. Thanks GG, you have inspired me to achieve my workout excursion for today which starts with a bike ride along the beach, to the college track and run 4.0 miles, a softball game, a bike ride back and a 45 minute cardio workout to finish things off.....aaah nice Now, that's what I call a great way to end my weekend and which why I am so grateful (uh oh gettin alittle teary eyed) to be sober. I am feeling so good that I am training now for my next run which will be a half marathon in San Diego on August 18th, can't wait to share with you that day. Oh and if I have mentioned it gzillion times, sorry but running is my passion and so I tend to blah, blah over and over about it.

PinkLady, please keep me posted of your vacation in Napa, as I am working towards to one day being able to drink in moderation. It will be interesting and most importantly helpful for all of us mods to read about your feelings during your vacation. Napa is a beautiful place, I crew up in the bay area (Palo Alto) and love going back for a visit, unfortunately not to see my family, but (with a sigh) that's another story, of which I am in no hurry to share, I will say that it was one of the contributing factors to my drinking :upset:

Anywho, whether it's exercise, cooking, reading or whatever we choose to stay AF, to me it's the best way of starting, dealing and ending our weekdays, weekends, holidays, bad days, good days, stressful days, etc.

Have a Great Sunday Everyone and thanks again for being such a great group people, you are what I call a "good egg" Will post later.....

Lots of hugs & love,
          Janet :h
          AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

A typo on my "title" from last post. It was supposed to be a smiley face, like this not the mad face like this , Smiley face for being AF and Mad face for going back to drinking like a pirate, which I will never ever go back to, I prefer the smiley face.

Sorry, it' the OCD insecure self (at times) that I just needed to clarify that
            AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

My computer's playing up, just testing this
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

Its amazing just what a support this site, this thread and all you guys are to me. Just 5 minutes ago, I came in from the garden, as ratty as hell!! Husband was topping his 3rd glass of white and I was gritting my teeth. Not easy. I think he's senses the vibes though cause he's tucked himself away somewhere watching the golf. Well, I stamped up to the computer in my paddy and logged on. I read all your posts from the beginning of the day to now and you're all so positive and enthusiastic, you turned my mood around and now I'm okay. So thanks - my lifeline!!

Pink enjoy your holiday in Napa but be careful in the vineyards!!! Don, we're with you all the way, hope today has gone okay. PlanetJanet, what an enthusiastic post, well done on day 12!! Benjamin, drink tracker is good but I'm not using it this time.

To everyone, enjoy the rest of Sunday and I'll meet you all back here tomorrow, a new week!!

Janicexxx
                AF since 9 May 2012
                Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

Hi all,
                  Had a rough go of it last night but got on general posting and finally made it through. I've spent the day going through my kids clothes and straightening up,got a bag of stuff for the thrift store. Too hot here to go outside. Went up to the grocery and it was so hot. bird

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

Hi back again, felt really good about my exercise till I read what planetjanet had achieved wow, wish I could do as much as that. I think though its the old self esteem being very low, I think this drinking hits our self esteem in every which way, I always feel like everyone is doing better than me, hopefully that will change with time. Af today, hope everyone is happy with their day, Ill check in tomorrow.

night night GG xx

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

So pleased for you AF day GG

Starlight Impress x

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

Thanks starlight, see the new thread you suggested has been used today well done. GG

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

garden girl;174624 wrote: Hi back again, felt really good about my exercise till I read what planetjanet had achieved wow, wish I could do as much as that. I think though its the old self esteem being very low, I think this drinking hits our self esteem in every which way, I always feel like everyone is doing better than me, hopefully that will change with time. Af today, hope everyone is happy with their day, Ill check in tomorrow.

night night GG xx
                          No comparisons to others are necessary. Health and exercise are personal accomplishments. All you have to ask yourself is if you're doing better today than the day before. AF Free and a Bike Ride taboot! Seems to me a success!

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

Benjammin;174656 wrote: No comparisons to others are necessary. Health and exercise are personal accomplishments. All you have to ask yourself is if you're doing better today than the day before. AF Free and a Bike Ride taboot! Seems to me a success!
                            I agree, no comparisons necessary. You are doing better than me if you went for a bike ride today. For me personally, i would only be able to manage a 1 hr walk.
                            One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED -- DAY 5

Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately, I had a "lazy" day. For some reason, right after I wrote my post, I started watching "The Color Purple" and before you know it, I was eating Haagen Dazs chocolate chip chocolate ice cream and watching one movie after the other. The next thing you know it, I called my league(softball) leader and told him I had to work and couldn't play. HUH???? What the heck was I thinking, that's something I did when I was drinking, there was no need for me to lie. I am still trying to figure out that one.........

The good news is that all the while I was home watching movies and stuffing my face, I did manage to get in a TWO HOUR long overdue cat nap which was something I really longed for when I decided to be AF. I realized that I need to "pace" myself when it comes to physical activity. On Saturday, I went to the batting cage and practiced non-stop for a 1/2 hour on my batting, tired myself out and gave myself a blood blister on my hand....ah yeah alittle too extreme. I am still very sore but will get back on my training tomorrow and TRY not to beat myself up, except figure out why I lied, that part I feel bad...I mean real bad about:upset: , however I didn't feel bad enough to want to drink Phew....

I just wanted a "lazy day".........

Janet
                              AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X