Newbies in Need - Day 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 6

Sweet Cheeks: I can remember being able to put a partially empty bottle of wh.wine back in the fridge. However, for the last 2 - 3 years, I could not stop until the bottle was empty. My tolerance for alcohol increased. What would have gotten me very drunk 7 - 10 years ago wasn't getting me drunk anymore. I think the dependence & the tolerance crept up on my gradually. I was drinking mostly alone as well. My husband is like yours. He can call it quits after one. I can't understand even having one...I guess my aim was to get drunk. Anyhow, I'm realizing on a daily basis that I must be abs. If I had one or two, I'd slip right back into excessive drinking. Good luck. Don't give up! Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 6

Not heard from Garden Girl today - hope you're okay. Janicexxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 6

Day 1

I'm on day one with my committment being "Don't kill myself" with alcohol. I have only begun my research on alternatives to AA. This site gives me hope. Coincidentally, I have a prescrition for Topamax for Migranes but went with a different medication to treat my specific hybrid. I'm starting Topamax today with great anticipation. I have a strong excersise regimen and have for serveral years. I am an avid believer in supplements and holistic approaches toward healing. I seem to use alcohol mostly when I'm angry or sad. That's when it really goes bad. The times I drink when I'm happy are not quite as destructive, but the panic is sometimes present then (later, after waking). Thank you for being here. I feel a little lost.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 6

Hi all,
          I took the day off work.School starts tomorrow and they would have charged me for a whole week of daycare just for today. I took the kids to nearby state park and we went on a hike and went swimming. I stopped and bought a 6 pack on the way home but not sure if I will drink it(probably will).I didn't sleep well last night as I had drank some diet pepsi later in the eve and it always keeps me awake if I drink it after maybe 3 or 4 pM.I'm kinda irritable.But also glad its the last day of summer break. It takes a so much $ to keep up the daycare and gas during the summer. It will be a relief to get caught up on my bills.Bird

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 6

bird;174976 wrote: Hi all,
            I took the day off work.School starts tomorrow and they would have charged me for a whole week of daycare just for today. I took the kids to nearby state park and we went on a hike and went swimming. I stopped and bought a 6 pack on the way home but not sure if I will drink it(probably will).I didn't sleep well last night as I had drank some diet pepsi later in the eve and it always keeps me awake if I drink it after maybe 3 or 4 pM.I'm kinda irritable.But also glad its the last day of summer break. It takes a so much $ to keep up the daycare and gas during the summer. It will be a relief to get caught up on my bills.Bird

Not really sure what your goals are but...

Don't drink the 6-Pack. Tomorrow should be a busy and exciting morning. Don't make it a pain in the ass with a hangover

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 6

Hello Everyone,

Lacey, Chief & Anyone else - :goodjob: on achieving your AF Day Counts

Bird - Hmmm...I a alittle perplexed as to "why" you would buy beer and I hope you didn't drink it. I agree with Benjammin, it's just a waste....it's not worth it...

Paula - Congrats on getting back on track, however, you must not be too hard on yourself, you had 6 months of being AF and when you slipped, you didn't "spiral" down into a drinking binge...YOU STOPPED...which in my opinion shows progress. But I understand your feeling and glad to hear you are feeling better.

My day is going well and tonight(11:30pm) will be AF Day 13, feeling great and back to my workout regiment...

Have a great day!!

Big hugs :l :h
              Janet
              AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 6

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 6

Hi Guys,

Day 2 af and still feeling positive. Last night was a struggle when the urge became too much and I noticed that I got really tetchy (did I spell that right)? Still, weathered the storm and came out the other side by believing in myself. Did you make it through Cindi?

Thx for making me feel that I'm not the only one Mary - your words are always so supportive and so true in my case. If I can do the mind over matter bit like you seem to have done, I think that will be half the battle.

Hang in there Bird. Hope you didn't give in, but once temptation is even in the house, I know it becomes all too much for alot of us.

I'm with you Lacey - I'm looking at all different approaches to beat this thing, so any experiences that you have with alternatives will be most welcome.

Take care everyone
                  Sweet
                  xx

Comment

Working...
                  X