Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from a hopefull Newbie

Hi there,

I've been lurking for a few weeks and have finally plucked up the courage to say hello.

From reading all your posts I think you will understand me. I've tried AA, and even though it seemed great at first I soon began to realise that I was kinda getting sucked in to their way of thinking.

I don't want to dis AA. I just felt personally that it was not for me. The religious dogma kind of got to me a bit. Don't get me wrong, I believe in God, but I feel I have to gain ownership of my problem and not just give it up to a "higher power".

I look forward to getting to know you all. This seems like a really cool, non-judgemental place to be. I'll tell more of my story soon.

Thanks for listening,

?

welcome. you will find there are a lot of others who feel the same way as you. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Wow,

Thanks Beatle for responding so soon. I just hope and pray that this site will help.

I don't want to live my life like this anymore.

?

Comment

Hi what and a warm welcome.

Am glad you`re here.
        I`m not living my life "like this" any more...........am just into my 10th sober day, thanks to joining this site.

Wishing you love and luck,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

What: MWO (particularly the newbie forum) has helped me get control of my drinking. I've been alcohol free for 29 days & had been drinking for a very long time. Keep coming. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X