Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cut down plan

Wantto;

It sounds like you are really cutting down. This is good, especially if you are planning on going AF for a while at least -- as recommended by MWO plan -- since withdrawals can be tough but cutting down before going AF can reduce the seriousness of that.

Hang in there and keep up the good work.

If moderation is your goal, the best of luck, only a few on this site have achieved it. Most have to go AF. However, the moderation thread may be a good place for you to read daily and post as several members have achieved and are happy with it.

Take care,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The cut down plan

Hi wanttostop7,
      Looks like you halved your drinking over the weekend........as good a way as any to start.

Wishing you continued success.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

The cut down plan

Thank you all -I did end up going out last night but I still consumed exactly half of what I normally would! I forgot to mention-Saturday was my first no beer in the morning morning-(had the blood test) -it was not hard at all! thanks to all of you this is getting easier!

Comment

The cut down plan

Wanastop,

I'm with Cindy. You might try the moderation site. Most of us are trying to kick this thing out of the door completely one day at a time without a menu.

Cheers
          Bashley

Comment

The cut down plan

Bashley,

Actually, lots of people here are on the moderation route.

Just that most of us can't do it. :-(

However, if someone wants to try for moderation, I think they should. MWO originally was designed for moderating.

RJ did recognize that moderation is probably NOT possible for someone who has gone beyond the "problem drinker" phase into full blown alcoholism, though.

Like me, sigh.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The cut down plan

sorry I did not mean to offend anyone-good luck to you

Comment

The cut down plan

Wanttostop,

You didn't offend anyone at all!!

I, for one, am truly impressed you have gotten your drinking cut down so much. I wish I had the willpower to do that.

Unfortunately, I am one of those who once they start drinking, all common sense flies out the window.

Please keep up the great work and hang in there. I know this is a tough one and every person's way is different.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The cut down plan

You haven`t offended anyone wantto. It`s great to visit all of the boards, regardless of whether your goal is moderation or abstinence, as we can all learn so much from each other, even if our goals are not the same.

Keep going.........you`re doing great!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

The cut down plan

Hi wannastop7, Think any plan is better than no plan.Stick with your goals.I tried a couple (100)lol plans.In my case I never stuck with tt.I'd wake up in the morning w/hangover say to h-- with it,drink hard for a couple weeks till i came up with a new plan.In my case I had to just quit.I'm only on day 16 af,scared I might slip again,but I feel good now.Sleep good,eat good,only time will tell.Keep posting,for some reason ,thats what keeps me strong.Good luck!!

Comment

The cut down plan

Thanks! I appreciatte it! I feel good esp with eating good too! You guys are all motivators in the journey -could not do it as easy without you!

Comment

The cut down plan

And a congrats and yahoo to you too-you should be proud of yourselves! I am proud of you!

Comment

The cut down plan

You are more than welome. All of us need the encouragement, too.

We are here for you!! Never forget that.

Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The cut down plan

How's it going?

Comment

The cut down plan

Pretty good thanks for checking-yesterday someone stopped by for "a beer" which usually gives me the green light (in my own head of course) and I stopped at 4 where our guest and my husband had a few more than that-was very proud and content-I still had a beer in hand when they did but I was not in a race-it was really nice for a change.
                              Today -had 6 -out for a pizza and beer but considering my accomplishments so far I am not going to beat myself up at all-tomorrow is a new day
                              How's it going for you-all of you?

Comment

Working...
                              X