Panic attacks with withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who had or has panic attacks during the hangovers/withdrawals? How many days did they last?

Panic attacks are very common when coming off of the alcohol especially if you have been prone to them before. It can be a part of withdrawal. Please monitor your withdrawal - if you are coming off a heavy amount of alcohol, it can be dangerous. If you feel funny and almost like you are having a seizure - get your butt to emergency.

When I came off of the alcohol in December, I had them pretty bad for about 3-4 days. Breath deeply and stay relaxed. One thing that helped me while having one would be to do as I mentioned and get up and walk around a bit. I found it shook them out faster.

I didn't have any until 3 months ago (but that is a whole different story).

If you have them for more than a week see a doctor. IF they are really, really bad, see a doctor. He can give you something for it.

Comment

yep, 3-4 days for me too. the bloody phone would ring and I'd just about pee myself.

get some librium from your doc if they will let you detox at home. helps a TON. As accountable wisely noted: if you are bad then see the doc no matter what.

you will feel better!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Determinator rules-- is right..-
        but I will add my two cents (sense?) here: Ativan beats librium-- it works fast and gets out of your system fast. Good for panic and detox.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
        X