Happy Weekend to all!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Weekend to all!!

Hi ! Just wanted to wish everyone a happy weekend. I'll be headed out soon from the office then home to pack for the cottage. Wish me luck as this will be my fist AF weekend. When I get back it'll be Day 6 for me and I'm determined to do it! It'll be tough though arriving there and seeing the beautiful lake and the sunset. A nice drink always goes so well with the ambiance.

Usually when the kids and hubby go to bed though I have some "me time" and stay up longer and have a few more. Not tonight though. We'll watch a movie after the sun goes down then I'll go to bed. I know I'll feel so good in the morning!! And proud!! So wish me luck!

And to all of you have a safe and happy weekend. Hang in all you newbies.....we'll check back in on Monday or maybe later Sunday when I get home.

This has been an awesome week on here getting to know you all and I already feel uplifted because I know I am not alone.

Cheers!!

:wavin:

Lynnie

Happy Weekend to all!!

Sounds like you have a great plan Lynnie,
    Good like with your first AF weekend!
    Marcie

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

Good luck Lynnie. Just hang on to your determination. Once you get through one weekend, you can get through all of them.

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

You make me feel-- well, hopeful and happy. Hope all goes according to plan.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

Have a great weekend!! Awareness goes quite well with a beautiful and relaxing setting as well.

You can do it!

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

Best to you Lynnie - A sunset goes well with ice tea, too!!

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

tkeene;177287 wrote: Good Luck Lynnie, keep positive thoughts and you can do it!!

Hey Benjammin...is that you in the pic?? Looks like your ben jammin at a concert or something :-)

I really should bathe before public events... :blush:

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

Hi Lynnie good luck for theweekend, enjoy yourself and have a lovely time, this will be my third weekend af and I can tell you it feels great, go for it! Joesgal

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

Thanks!

Thanks very much all! Yes I will have a nice tall glass of something else.....not sure yet but I will be fine I know it. Hey maybe I'll have a nice tea or something!

See y'all soon !

Lynnie

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

Best of luck Lynnie you can do it. Nice pic Benjamin. Stay positive everyone.
                    Love Paula.

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

tkeene;177329 wrote: so, I'm taking that as a yes, Ben Jammin as in that is YOU in the pic??? Not often we get to match faces with thread/posts...your a trend setter :-)
                      :H

Nope that's the guy from the movie..."The Water Boy" who yells out "You can do it" to Adam Sandler when he takes the field.

Perhaps the reference was lost on this group.

My pic will have to wait a little longer.

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

tkeene;177365 wrote: ohh...whoops...guess I didn't see that movie :-) Now we'll just have to wonder bout the bathing thing before public...got an image of pigpen in my mind ...

No worries there, in the summer... it's two showers a day for me.

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

I did it! I did it!

Well....I went away on the weekend to our cottage (as we alwasy do) and never drank once. I am so proud of myself. I actually had fun doing it though! I bought some grape juice and Perrier water and drank those drinks instead. I went for a nice run both Saturday and Sunday mornings! It's so nice to wake up and feel great! My husband did not say anything on Friday night. I don;t think he even noticed and asked me on Saturday why I was not having a drink and I said I did not feel like it then on Sunday he asked me if I was going to have a drink. I decided to tell him how I was feeling. I did not tell him about this website or that I have this MWO book on order but I did share with him my feelings about how I feel we drink too much and I said alot more too. The greatest reason is that I want us to be great role models for our children. I'm glad I have this off my chest now. I'm sure he'll digest what I said and maybe change a bot too. Yesterday I did notice that he was a bit more moderate in his drinking so I guess my words did have some impact. You should see this guy though.....so handsome and athletic looking. he never seems to put on any weight from drinking.....myself I'd like to lose maybe 5 pounds so maybe by the time I'm done 30 days I will have done so.

How did everyone else do on the weekend?

I have made a decision to try and moderate at that point. Might as well give it a try eh?

Lynnie

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

That is so wonderful, Lynnie. I thought of you through the weekend. I pictured you raking some beautiful lawn at a beautiful cottage with an iced tea in hand. It is very inspirational to me to know you went on holiday and didn't drink!!!! I hope I can do it.

I now have two AF days and will do my best to make it until next Friday night (any longer just seems impossible.) It was really nice on SAturday night to run some clothes to my daughter who was spending the night at a friends and not convince my older son to do it because I'd had 3 glasses of wine.

I lose track of threads really easy, but where are all the other people who posted on the original thread I lost that have very similar situations - women with kids, drink wine too much, in their 30s and 40s - I would love to join with you all in cutting down on drinking.
                            And, Lynnie, again, thank you so much for sharing.

Comment

Happy Weekend to all!!

Comment

Working...
                              X