Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things have got out of hand

Hi to all of you,
    Well, I've been away for a while both physically and from this site and unfortunately I have slipped from moderating to heavy drinking again. Oh well, I can only pick myself up, dust myself down and start again. I was going OK and the stopped visiting all of my friends here who have been so helpful and supportive. As some of you know I had an opportunity to do a bit of professional work away from home and I am only home even now for a short time and will be going back to help out again. But I got lonely and was away from my friend and began to take a couple of extra drinks each night.
    I finally realised last night that I was out of control again so I'm back to get back on track.

On a lighter note, I am loving the work I am doing and will be spending another 8 weeks up north in the Nursing Home I have been working at. My friend and my dear little dog are coming back with me so I will have company and their support.

Chardy does not know she is a dog and we have never told her. She was so excited to see me home I thought her tail was going to wag off her end bit.

I'll try to come here every day and post because that is how I get well. If need be I'll be on line as many times as it takes.

Have thought about all of you many times and how you were going. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the new people here as well. Thanks everyone for being here. I need you.

Diana
    eace:

Diana,

Welcome back. It sounds like you have been doing a great service. Glad that you can take your friend and your little Chardy with you. That should make things much better next time?

Hugs,
    Pansy

Comment

Diana: I'm just beginning day 33 sober. I could not have done it wo/MWO. Keep coming. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi Diana, I'm relatively new here and I don't think we've met. Today is day 2 AF for me and there is no way I could do this w/o the people here. Welcome back and I hope you will stick with us and let us help any way we can. Don

Comment

Welcome back Diana :welcome: !

You know what you have to do, and you've done it in the past - so great to have you on board again and look forward to sharing your journey with you. Glad things will be a little less lonesome, too - that should help make things a little easier!

All the best,
          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
          Goals:
          Days 1-7 DONE
          Days 8-14 DONE
          Days 15-21 DONE
          30 days DONE
          60 days
          100 days

Comment

Diana,

welcome back, I wasn't here when you first joined but I know how you feel, I was trying to moderate but couldn't I joined up and now I am af for 14 weeks !

We new people can still support you here.

Good Luck,
            Diamond
            I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
            I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Diana

I am relatively new to this site too, so I am sure we haven't met. I want to join all the others in welcoming you back, I am sure you know this the best place for you to be right now. We will do our best to help and support you, and ease the lonliness.:h
              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hi Diana,
                You joined before I did, but I just wanted to welcome you back.

I`m yet another one who cannot moderate, so have opted for AF.

Love and luck to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. Have been 2 days AF and feel much better already. Once I make up my mind to give up the demon I seem to be able to do so. So lovely to "meet" the new people. Hope all goes well in your journey.

Kind regards
                  Diana
                  eace:

Comment

Working...
                  X