I MADE IT THROUGH DAY 3 !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Starlight, I'm hoping to reach your milestone ... great job !!!!

Riker
    Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Chief- I had just responded to your other post before I saw this one. I am so glad to have found this one!!!! Way to go. You should give yourself a high five.
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Chief,

Well done, well done.

Keep on.....

m. xx :l
        ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
        I am in the next seat.
        My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Hey Well Done Chief,

This is the first thread I have clicked on and I am so happy you are doing well!!
          I can remember a while back replying to you in 'asap'.
          Like everyone else says, 3 and 4 are the worst (once you actually get past the all important Day 1 of course).
          I am really really happy for you,.......go for it!!

xx
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

As your day progresses I hope that your ambition to stay AF grows.... Good for you too Riker and.... rvm... you guys are doing awesome too... This isn't easy but so worth it !!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Congrats Don - think of all that negative stuff fighting its way out of your body and you letting it go!!! You are inspiring. I am 2 days behind you on day 2 . . . . again!!! Let's Go!!!!

Comment

Hi All! It's 5:30 pm here and I just got back from the gym, went running again, that seems to help me. It's day 4 and today hasn't been bad at all. I have posted a lot today and am very encouraged by everyones support and interest. I'm glad there are those of you who are right here with me on day 3 or 4 and those who are just starting. There is strength in numbers. It makes me stronger knowing you are watching me and joining me. It puts pressure on me to stay the course and I like that. And Star, Niblet, Amelia, Mary, Magic, Betty Boop and all the others... Thank You Sooo Much for everything, please don't stop, I'm in a good place today and it's because of you. Just checking in, I'm good but my guard is on and I'm just waiting for The Beast to rear it's ugly head so I can bitch slap it again...lol...Don

Comment

Hey Don,
                  How encouraging you are. I've been lurking but not posting. I made it for nine days then fell, now I'm back to square one. pooh! I've been taking naltrexone but it doesn't help me. I'm such a determined drinker. I truly love that warm feeling of the first few drinks. But we know how it goes, don't we. At least I know I am not alone and I know I can do it, because I did it before. And as you say 30 years of drinking doesn't just change overnight.

IAM.......... still around

Comment

YEA! Thought about you at work several times today but was just now able to sign on to mwo.
                    I knew you could do it! You are so on your way.
                    So...today going a bit better? Still pretty tough probably - gets better I promise.

Good going Don!
                    Lisa

Comment

Hey Chief,

Good going man. I rode my bike from work today, 10 Kilometers, and it felt good to get the body going again. Excersise is super important to staying off the booze, I speak from experience when I say it's really hard to push yourself to the limit physically when you drink 8 to 10 beers a night and double that on weekends. That Monday night workout is a KILLER.. I worked out hard for just over a year and was in really good shape, except I could not get the flat abs , the beer gut did not want to go away. Then I injured my shoulder, took a year to heal, been off excersise for more than a year, lost all the gains I had worked sooo hard to achieve. But now I'm back on the saddle, off the beer and determined to get back in shape, and not the " 6 months pregnant" shape that I am in now !!!

Got home this afternoon, was extremely tempted to have a beer, but did not give in. There are 6 cold beers in the fridge and that's where they will stay for a while.. hopefuly a long wile..

Day 3 for me tomorrow, bring it on I say. Keep it up Don and see you all tommorrow. !

Stephane

Comment

Hi Evergreen,

I'm right there with you on Day 2..

Let's get through day 3 AF shall we ?

We CAN do it.

Stephane

Comment

OMG! The Chief is bitch slapping, now who taught him THAT?

Are tough bastards allowed to bitch slap?

Go for it Don, whatever works!!!

IAM, I too used to love that feeling of the first few drinks. Now, whenever I find myself thinking of what warm, fuzzy feeling......I just remember as well what utter nonsense it quickly leads to.

Riker and Evergreen....lessons on bitch slapping are around somewhere. Cheering you on as well. But Riker, get rid of ther beer. :upset:

magic xx :thumbs:
                          ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                          I am in the next seat.
                          My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Way to go Chief!! Each day gets easier and eaiser....

And as I heard once, you dont' lose weight by thinking about it, the same applies to drinking. You don't stop drinking by thinking about it!

Now, to get rid of my 25 month pregnant belly!!

F.
                            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Hey Riker,
                              Here we go Day 3. The first 2 days are usually OK for me it is the next few where that little voice say . . . . come on . . . you can have a glass of wine . . . just to relax . . . you are overreacting . . . you can stop . . . you are not that bad . . . have a little fun. Now I know I just need to do a little Bitch Slapping! lol. I am with you Stephanie, we CAN do it!

Comment

Evergreen/Riker/Stephane, Day 3? Stay strong, don't give in to that voice. It is a liar.It is a cheat. It is scum. Stay in the drivers seat. Keep posting and pm me if you want. Don

Comment

Working...
                                X