• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIES IN NEED-DAY 17

x

NEWBIES IN NEED-DAY 17

Starlight,

Thanks for starting the thread and for being there.

I am relieved you are feeling better. I saw your earlier post saying you were blue.

I feel blessed having found this site.

All of you are a life line for me. Without you all, I would probably be in a much worse place than I am today.

Have a wonderful day Starlight and all to come.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED-DAY 17

Hi Star & Cindi: I'm starting day 39 today. I can hardly believe it. I've had a few bumps in the road lately. Small things but just the type that would get me drinking. I realize that if I did drink, that would be another problem on top of the others. Why did I feel that a day of drinking would help to iron out problems? Silly me! I love you both for being there. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED-DAY 17

Hi Guys,

Glad to hear you're all doing so well. I've had a very up and down week and haven't managed to go af but have cut down considerably. I am going out tonight with hubby for a works meal and have offered to drive so I won't be able to drink.

I need to get into a better frame of mind and stop making excuses. I haven't had much chance to get on line this week so feel as if I've missed out on your support.

One step at a time.
        Have a great day
        Sweet
        xxx

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED-DAY 17

Good morning all.

Day 5 for me.. so far so good..but this is Friday.. and I have a decision to make. I have been AF since Monday, but I always wanted to go AF during the week and MOD Friday and Saturday. I don't know what I'm going to do yet.. I'm thinking AF rather than MOD but I won't kill myself if I have a couple, that means 2 NOT 10 !! tonight. Fridays we go out for dinner with the neigbors / friends. They drink A LOT.. one of the reasons we get along so well I suppose.. but they are truly good folks and good friends even if they drink a lot. Funny, he told me he also wanted to cut down / stop.. I sent him a link to this wonderfull site..

I am very very happy that I made it to Day 5.. the longest I ever went was 12 days about 3 years ago.. before that.. well I must have been 18 years old or so..

Riker
          Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED-DAY 17

Hi Star, DB2, sweet,Riker and all to come. I am away til Aug 26, so don't think I'm
            neglecting you. Well done all of you and keep up the good work.
            Love Paula. xx

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED-DAY 17

Thanks Paula and have a great time, wherever you are going !! Stay strong, stay off..

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED-DAY 17

Hi All, Glad to hear your all going so well.Day 12 for me,whew!I feel good.Wish I'd had this site 10 yrs ago.For some reason this works for me.Everybody have a great weekend,@thanks for all the support

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED-DAY 17

Hi all,
                  I've also been a bit down lately (there must be something in the air this week) and haven't felt like posting. But have also kicked myself up the arse, and as you say Starlight, it's no great hardship (even if it sometimes feels that way - especially now the weekend is here!).

Day 12 AF for me and I don't think I could have got there without this site.
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED-DAY 17

Hi All! Isn't this a great thread. I think us newbies are kicking some Beast Butt this week. Day 7 for me today. I never would have believed it 8 days ago... It's all because of the great people who are taking the bull by the horns and making it happen for themselves as well as coming to the aid of others who need it. I just think it's fantastic. I'm so happy and proud to be a small part of it. Hope everyone has a great weekend and continues to succeed. I think we have a pretty good team here.. Don

Comment

NEWBIES IN NEED-DAY 17

Just thought I would post and say that I just came back from Pizza and Beer night.. but did not have ANY beer at all.. I had water and an Ice tea.. while the rest were guzzling Keiths, Carlsbergs, Corona and the like..

Feels weird but feels incredibly good.

For the first time, I actually drove the car back after dinner.. unheard off !.

Thanks in great part to everyone's support.

Riker

Comment

Working...
                      X