I did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it

I went to my sister's this weekend (my drinking buddy) and was worried that I would "over do it" but I didn't! We went out to dinner and I had 2 glasses of wine. She asked me if I wanted to go to a bar afterwards and I said I was doing good. So we went back to her house and watched T.V. Guess what we watched? Intervention, a show about addicts - not my choice I'll have you know. Yesterday, I didn't have anything to drink. So I guess I can say I'm on day 2.

I did it

That is fantastic - you have done brilliantly! One day at a time is how it's done! keep up the good work Roz!!
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

I did it

Flip, thanks for your encouragement.

Comment

I did it

Pleased for you Roz.
        Hoping you see those successes mount up.
        I feel sad when I see someone say I`m "only" 1 day AF.........there`s no "only" about it........one day is a whole 24 hrs. and that`s where it all begins for all of us.

The first day is truly the first day of the rest of our wonderful lives!!!

Love and strength to you.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I did it

Your doing great, Roz. I started my first day last Sunday and almost have a week under my belt. I must say since I've incorporated all the aspects of this program (Topa, Cd's, supps) it has made it much easier to abstain. But as Flip said you have to take it one day at a time. Good luck and good health.
          Rob2
          Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.--- Dale Carnegie

Comment

I did it

Roz, RVM
            You guys are all just doing so great. Please stick with us and keep us updated.

Roz, I'm just curious. Did your sister know that you have a drinking problem and are trying to quit or did you just do one of those "Oh, I don't feel like it tonight" things? Just curious because I have never been very honest with my sister.
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I did it

Mags,

My sister and I both have drinking problems and we have admitted it to eachother. A few weeks ago she saw my MYO book and asked me about it. I told her a quick synopsis and she did'nt really want to talk about it. Maybe she doesn't want to lose her drinking buddy. Anyway, I don't want to tell her that I'm really trying hard until I have a couple months of success. I really just want this to be a personal thing right now. I'm afraid if I tell my sister she will find some criticism with the program and ruin my optimism. So until now the only person who knows is my husband whom is VERY supportive.

Comment

I did it

Roz,Rvm, Good Job! Everyday counts and sometimes I think the first few days should have more weight since they tend to be critical days. You are doing great! Keep it up and we are here when you need us. Stay strong and focused... Don

Comment

I did it

Roz

You have a supportive husband, you have lots of new friends here, and at least you have been honest with your sister. All systems are go!!! Good luck. Keep posting. It's gonna be a rough ride at times. This is not an easy thing to do - not in the least. Put your toughest skin on and know that from this day on, you will never be alone.

:h

Comment

I did it

You guys have been great. I'm almost done with day 2. As I speak now, I'm in the house alone. This usually was the time when I'd drink my wine a little faster to catch up before anyone came home. I would love a glass of wine right now but I must admit the urge isn't as bad as I expected. Those herbal meds are great. I'm not sure about the CD's. Sometimes I think they are a little strange, especially the subliminal. I swear at seven minute intervals it sounds like someone is saying HELP in the background. It doesn't sound like a seagull to me! Kind of creepy!.
                    Thnks again for your support.

Comment

I did it

Chief - you are right - the first week is the most critical and most significant. It has more 'weight' than any other time. For example, my first week is more signifcant to me than the following (nearly) 9 months since I had my last drink. It just gets easier, so do not underestimate the importance of each day when you first stop drinking.

Stay strong, you are worth it!
                      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

I did it

Way to go Roz!!!
                        It does run in families. Mine too. I would bet your sister will not put this down.

Comment

I did it

I just know you are going to do this Roz. Just a feeling in my gut.

Don't let my guts down!!!!

Comment

I did it

awesome roz!!
                            "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Comment

Working...
                            X