Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - Day 19

Riker,

Yes. Please pick yourself back up and get on the train.

You can do it just like everyone else. It is hard. no duubt, but worth the trip.

Along for the ride.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 19

Awwww Riker, you haven`t let anyone down, least of all yourself.

I tried to moderate before going AF, so had lots of false starts.

Like you say, it`s simply a blip, and you`re back on track today..........great stuff!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 19

Thanks Starlight and Cindi, I appreciate it, as always.

Starlight, you are indeed a beacon of Star Light around here. !

Riker
        Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 19

Riker, You didn't let me down. You let yourself down. I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way the last time I caved to the crave. I was so upset because I thought I let the MWO family down but I now know everyone here has been through it, including me. So don't beat yourself up, my friend. You know what you have to do. Pick yourself up and get back on that horse and I'll bet the next time The Beast comes a knockin you will do some serious bitch slappin'! Just start over, Riker. It was a lapse, don't let it be a relapse into your previous drinking habits. We're here for you. .. Don

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 19

Thanks Don, I appreciate it and yes I will just dust myself off and get back on track.
            Riker
            Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 19

Janka, and Heatheronthelake - Welcome to you! We are happy to have you here, this is a great place, w great people who are all supportive of one another, whether we are trying to learn to moderate, or go alcohol free. Looking forward to getting to know you better. You will get the hang of this in no time, just keep reading and posting, and you will learn the finer aspects as you go along. :welcome:
              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 19

Welcome Janka & Heatheronthelake

Just read your new one Janka. Keep it up and don't let the bugger get you down. This isn't marriage counceling here but a lot of us myself included have to "put up" with drinkers all around us including wives/husbands. They have not been through our torture and therefore through no fault of their own, basically have little or no idea. Mind you your husband should know better- I think he's scared.
                Anyway chaps and chapesses welcome. I'm glad you have taken the plunge and found MWO. I found it by accident too. (see threads by Bashley).
                This site and the great people posting here have helped me immensly where AA meetings couldn't. I was invariably one of the ones you spoke of reeking of drinks from the night before!!
                Keep posting and reading.
                Best of luck
                Bashley

Comment

Working...
                X