Hi from uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from uk

:new: Hi....just registered....has taken me ages to pluck up the courage! Nothing much to say at the moment.....still thinking about things and when/how to start dealing with the problem! This looks like a great site......will be happy if I can feel I belong here soon!
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Hi from uk

Welcome. Please read some more and come back and tell us a little about yourself. This is a great place, for helping each other, helping ourselves, and sometimes just fun. Hope to see more of you.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hi from uk

Welcome and glad you found us. There is a lot to learn here and great people to talk too at all hours. Best of luck and hope to see you around.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi from uk

Thank you beatle and Beaches....such swift replies...within minutes! :thanks: I've often looked here, and I've got the book.....but I am naturally a rather reserved person and am ashamed that I can't control my need for alcohol to medicate my emotions. I am trying to be brave!
        Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Hi from uk

Hi SS,

I'm from the UK too, when I found this place I was drinking at least 3 bottles of wine every day, Now I can moderate nicely .........

Read as much as you can, and soak up all of the information ........

Look forward to seeing you around .........

Love & Hugs, BBxx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi from uk

Thanks Betty:thanks: Had a gruelling week with the funeral of lovely friend and various other stresses, so I really ought to head off to bed now. Hopefully I will feel confident enough to tell a bit of my situation later in the week.......it feels very scarey to open up about something that has been hidden for so long. You all seem to be such caring, nice people....thanks for being here! Nite nite XXX

Comment

Hi from uk

Nite Nite Suze, Sleep Tight, Wake up Safe xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi from uk

Hi slightlysuze........Welcome aboard.

Take your time, familiarize yourself with the site and the programme, then draw up a personal plan of attack for yourself.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hi from uk

Welcome, SlightlySuze

This is a good place to be. Looking forward to seeing you around, and getting to knonw you. :welcome:
                  The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Hi from uk

Hello Suze - probably morning for you now...Hope you had a peaceful night.

Welcome. You enjoy reading about all out antics and 'post' something when you are ready...no pressure! You're safe here and will get all the help you could want for whatever your plan is...

Don't be scared, even if we know just what you're feeling...

Love and blessings,

Feet x
                    :heart: c: :heart:
                    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hi from uk

Thanks everyone. Here's how things are with me.....I have been using alcohol almost every day for 10-15 years, increasing the amount since marriage problems about 8 years ago (mainly resolved now and not alcohol related). I suppose I don't drink an enormous amount compared to some folk here....anything from 2 glasses of wine to half a bottle + a spirits aperitif but never anymore than that.....and I rarely get 'wildly drunk' and never do things I can't remember. BUT.....I would like to not drink every day...and I find I am unable to do that! That worries me.

I drink to medicate my feelings and I like that first hit that makes me feel that life is not so grim and pointless after all. When I analyse the feelings, they are: fear, anxiety, depression, frustration, boredom and shyness. I am usually fine during the day, and rarely think about alcohol. My danger time is 5pm onwards (just about now LOL!).....when I am preparing supper or waiting for my husband to come home so we can eat together - his job has unpredictable hours and sometimes I have waited until 10pm, getting steadily more alcohol into my system. I think I may need to ditch the 'eating together' idea!

I would like to be a social drinker.....just a glass or two at social events, birthdays etc. I have woken up almost every morning for at least the last three years and vowed that I would give my liver a rest for 24 hours. I rarely manage this...the most I have ever done is three days. I am concerned that this is bad for my health and it's putting weight on...not a lot, but I am naturally a small person and I am not enjoying having a 'belly'!

This post is getting too long so I'll stop here......and continue trying to formulate my plan! Thanks for listening....I'll read more of the threads and see what ideas I come up with!

Slightly X

Comment

Hi from uk

Hi Slightly welcome again, thanks for sharing that with us, have you downloaded the book? it is very inspiring ....

Keep in touch...
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi from uk

Hi Betty....I bought the book a couple of months ago....I've been taking multivits, vit B complex, vit c, chromium, milk thistle. Recently added Lglut, although by looking at another thread here I'm not taking enough. I've got a bottle of kudzu.....but I'm frightened of it!:H The thought of the Topa scares me to death! I'm such a scaredy cat......

Can anyone tell me.....is it best to start with a period AF even if you plan to just moderate? And if I plan to moderate, how on earth do I know what IS moderate?? AF does what it says on the can, but moderate seems more tricky somehow!

I am so in awe when I read some of these threads......you're an amazing bunch of people.:h

Comment

Hi from uk

Hey Suze... :welcome:

Please don't be in awe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's good to 'hear' you and these guys will really look after you here. Post away, especially 'in the beginning' and find-your-own-way-out...we'll support you all the way to a healthy liver! AF or mod - I'm sure you'll get good advice about AF < mod....I'm AF-ing now but wanted to mod originally .... too chicken/sensible to try! And I don't need to - I feel good without the ol' stuff so why 'risk it'?! :H Saves money too! (I've lost 10lbs too AND enjoying (loads of) chocolate again for the first time in ages - what a bonus!)
                            I think a good AF time under the belt (I know someone who had 2.5 years before going mod...) must surely be wise......and you might just like it!

But for now, DAY BY DAY. ONE DAY AT A TIME. NO DRINK #1 = NO DRINK #6!!! :goodjob:

Good luck and good to meet you.
                            Love Feet x
                            :heart: c: :heart:
                            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Hi from uk

Hi Suze, RJ recommends trying 30 days AF before moderating and seeing how that goes. Again it's all up to you and what you want to work. You sound like you are leaning to the AF side so I say give it a try and see how it goes!

I am moderating myself and I will share with you what moderation means to me and let others give their input. For me it means significantly decreasing your intake from where you began and not being drunk (which sounds like is not a problem for you).
                              Good luck and happy to have you here.
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                              X