where is everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is everyone?

I couldn't wait to come home tonight (to an empty house) and read about my friends at MYO. Today was suppose to be my third day but i blew it by having a beer. It's just
    a habit that when I get the house alone I have an opportunity to drink without
    judgements. I will try to only have this one. I'll start AF tomorrow.

where is everyone?

Hi Roz, today is AF day 3 for me. Be careful ... do not beat yourself up and drink more ... that's the way I worked it. Coming home to a home alone is hard I know ... maybe the great people here will start talking. I hope so, and I'm around too
    Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

where is everyone?

You can do it Roz, just the one and then no more. You will feel much better in the morning that you stopped.
      Marcie

Comment

where is everyone?

Thanks Janka

Thanks Janka - There's life out there in cyberworld. Everyone has been too wrapped up with Ezmerelda. Anyway, tomorrow I will start AF again. I already opened up a second beer but that is definately the last one. I really miss it though!

Comment

where is everyone?

Roz.........not at all wrapped up with Es.

Hoping you have a good AF day tomorrow,

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

where is everyone?

curious

To everyone reading -
            What did you drink and how much? I drank 2 bottles of wine approximately 5 days/week.

Comment

where is everyone?

Hi Roz, I really started drinking about 5 yrs ago (alone, with beer on ice in a teacup [so my kid's wouldn't notice] doing laundry at night in the basement -- I would drink maybe twice a week, 2 - 6 beers each time.

Over the past 3 years, i became a binge drinker, about 2 to 8 beers maybe 4 times a week

last week I drank daily -- 8 -12 beers a day (hourly usually I tried to measure). It was pretty scary. I am okay today on day 3 AF
              Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

where is everyone?

Janka,
                My sister, drinks 12 rolling rock/day so don't feel so bad. I really want this to work so I can help my sister. She also happens to be bi-polar but won't take meds. She's only 38 and single. I call her (not to her face) "miss lonely hearts".

Comment

where is everyone?

Roz, this past year, I was drinking a btl/wine a night.
                  During the 4 yrs before that, every night, I drank 1 btl wine, 4 cans cider, some brown ale and some red wine.

And guess what?.............ain`t had a single drop of alcohol for 23 days..........I was a total drunk..........if I can do it...........anyone can!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

where is everyone?

I am really determined to quit but sometimes I just feel like I lost a friend. I live in a small town where there is nothing to do. I grew up in a city and I miss just going somewhere that doesn't take a 1 hour drive. I guess that's when I really started drinking. I was a lonely person in a small town.

Comment

where is everyone?

janka and starlight -

thanks for sharing. Goodnight

Comment

where is everyone?

HI Roz:

I too live alone, and have for the last 25 years or so. I saw my sanctuary out here in the woods, as a place to get ripped and crank the tunes to max without interference or judgement from society. My castle was my blitz refuge. My house, my land, my space.

So I came up with a little exercise sometimes when the solitude was begging for a drink. I would walk outside, day or night, and stand about 30 yards or so in front of my house. I would then ask myself, "Does a sober person, or a drunk live there?" I wanted a sober person to live there, and I would imagine myself stumbling and crashing into things inside with the music turned up loud. A simple change of perspective, but it did the trick a lot of times.

Just a suggestion. Envision yourself the way you want to be.

Neil

Comment

where is everyone?

Hi Roz,

Hope you are going ok. I drank 1-2 bottles of red everynight. I drank alone. It drowns the noise that the quiet makes in your head.

It's now been 9 months since my last drink, and I'm never going back there. The noise stopped once I turned to face it and listen.

F.
                          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

where is everyone?

Roz: My life continues to unfold as I become more & more sober (42 days). I drank a 1.5 L bottle of white 3 - 5 times per week for years. If I can do it you can too. I was an alcoholic who loved to drink alone. Mary
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

where is everyone?

Some of us are Boop Boop de Booping

Comment

Working...
                              X