Newbies in Need - Day 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 24

Good morning!! So many newbies posting, I can't even begin to remembe everyone's names, but welcome to all. :welcome:

I can chalk another AF day up today. What is sad is most of you new newbies are well ahead of me.

I am on day 3 -- yet again -- but this time I am taking Satori's and Determinator's advice on attitude to heart. I AM AF!! This really helped last night. When I went down to hotel bar to eat, I ordered only water and salad. The bartender actually asked me if I was okay. :H

I did not miss the wine at all. I came straight up to bed and slept like a rock.

So, today, whatever your goals are: AF or Mod, remember to tell yourself that is what you ARE. "I am not a drinker" or "I drink very moderately." and brook no backtalk from the booze beast, we are stronger than it!!

Love to all and have a wonderful day!!
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Newbies in Need - Day 24

Cindi: Good attitude. Keep it up. I know I can't drink, so I've labeled myself as a non-drinker. That feels good. Don't you feel great today?! You'll have your rough days, but use any strategies you can think of including MWO. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 24

Great attitude Cinid!! Try to stay on the positive side of things. Setting a goal of "not to drink" has a negative connotation and almost seems like a strange form of punishment. A goal of greater health, mental clarity, or the freedom that comes from sound decisions is a move towards the greater you. Then the drinks simply become part of the decision process rather than the focus!

Keep it up!!!

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 24

(((Cindy, Mary, and Ben)))

And all to come. AF Day 5! Feels good. Much easier last nite than the previous ones. We have our son this weekend and I bet he'll be surprised not to see all those beer bottles around! He used to count them, broke my heart. I started to get up in the middle of the ite while he was here to offload them in the recycle bin so he wouldn't see. Sure, fooled him,I'm sure.

This will be the first AF weekend for a long while but I think with Evan being there and all we should make it. But :fingers: for us anyway.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 24

I like Ben's idea of seeing AF in a positive light. I'm going to be clean, clear, & appropriate today. I like that.
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 24

HI hart:day 5 what a good deal, day 5 for me was the end of the shakes,started to sleep better,started to feel good,wife & kids are happy.Keep up the good work.The longer you keep the beast at bay,the easier it gets.hang in there

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 24

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would login and post..

In the middle of day 11.. things are going good.

Cheers,

Riker
              Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 24

Hi Cindi, Mary, Benjammin, hart, comeatalook, Riker and all to come.

Glad to see you all "going for gold"........you`re all doing fab!!!

Day 26 for me.........deadbeat, so am starting on some vits and supps.........feeling positive about this.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 24

Another Friday night in the books

Well, another Friday night out with the friends and family in the books.. and another night of drinking Ice Tea... It was easier this time than last Friday.. still.. those big 20oz mugs of Keiths look very refreshing.. ah well.. I'll feel great tomorrow morning..

Comming home from work is really my worse time.. I spend a few hours battling it out with the beast every day at that time ..between 4:00 and 6:00pm..same battles today..and thankfully, same results..no beer..still AF..

Take care everyone and have a great weekend.

Riker
                  Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Working...
                  X